1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I don't about guys,but this looks messy..(pics)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Outd00r Maint.., Feb 5, 2010.

1. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

while going to get subway at the mall, i saw this, i dunno about you guys ,but that looks messy,

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Add concrete to your services. Holy salt! Thats one good thing about the liquid, there isn't any or very little residue left over vs. rock salt. Look at the second pic. already looks like the salt has done some damage. I see that around here too.
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

OMG! Is that salt on a sidewalk? :eek:

Could you hear the concrete crumbling from the cab of the truck?

Your right it doesn't look good.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

That's pretty common around here especially if it's a light snowfall that only needed to be salted.
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I think they need to shovel.:cool:
  6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

No kidding!!! :laughing:

At some point, that becomes more of a safety hazard than the conditions they were trying to treat.
  7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

That's what happens when they take care of their own salting, it's common here for the business to maintain their own walks after the contractor clears it the first time.
  8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

it's dry ain't it?
  9. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Whats the old saying "if she aint white, she aint right". I think they need to go back and put some more down.
  10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I think it looks fine. Check out St.Laurent shopping mall in Ottawa, its covered like that.
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All malls look like that at this time of the year.
  12. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

I rather have mine like that rather than to have ice on the walks. I've never heard of a slip and fall because of little extra salt.
  13. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Was it going to snow that night? They could have been pre-treating?
  14. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

where's that guy who charged the chiropractor for salt cleanup on a thread here a few weeks ago? looks like we found some work for him
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  15. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Looks like somebody used a spreader instead of a bucket.... Wait, isnt that thread somewhere else LOL
  16. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Where is Ramair?:laughing:
  17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Why are you taking pictures of my properties!!:laughing:
  18. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I figured this had to be one of your properties, I saw it too while I was heading to the subway in Cleveland, Ohio:laughing:
  19. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Jomama... that ain't even funny. One of our guys was just contacted by his previous company. It seems that their slip and fall is moving forward and may actually go to trial.

The slip and fall relates to fertilizer granules left on a sidewalk in between fertilizing and blowing the walks. Salt could be next.

btw... that looks like rock salt not a quality ice melt product.
  20. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

LOL, I thought the exact same thing:laughing: