1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I do the walkways for Companies who just want to Plow.

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Plow Now, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Plow Now

Plow Now Member

Hey to all. I am new to this site and have learned so much. While I haven't yet bought the mount for my plow (have the rest though) I do however have tractor mount snow blowers, plows and walk behind machines that we use for companies that just want to plow the lots. We also provide all the labor, fuel and back up machines so jobs stay fluid. We are based in Philly, haven't had any serious storms here but have traveled up to 150 miles for work. There was a commitment in advance though. We can usually provide emergency or additional service as needed.
    Dependable and available for (SUB WORK) work as described above. If you need our services or dont want to concern yourself with walkways yet know its handled , leave a message here and will promptly return the call.

Thanks all
    Ben Nemitz

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Why can't you live in Toronto!

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Screw that, why don't you live in Grand Rapids?

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Way to find a niche for the guys who don't want to get out of a truck!

Pfffffft! Lol

5. Plow Now

Plow Now Member

Toronto? No way, im a Flyers fan LOL and Grand Rapids? Those rapids really aren't that Grand and really now. Nothing wrong if you don't wanna get up out of the truck. I fully support those who choose wisely such as that!! WHY THE HELL don't you ALL live even as little as 500 miles closer?

6. Mark Oomkes

With the luck I've had with sidewalk personnel this year, I'd be ALL over someone who would subcontract my walks.

7. Plow Now

Plow Now Member

Hey Mark,
    Sorry to hear about your sidewalk personal. We have a very cool group of guys but then again were pretty damn col ourselves lol. At least to me we are. 1st off here in Philly (except for last year) you get soooooo much more snow then we do, but I think the reason (in large part) we hardly have any personal issues is because we make the work fun for the guys. For example heres just 1 thing that makes people look at us a little differently, we have a name for each machine. We have 2 tractors, 1 w snow blower attachment and 1 w a plow. The 1 w blower we call her "wide wanda" and the plow tractors name is "Round Rhonda." If wanda breaks down we say "help me Rhonda" lol I swear. 1 of our walk behnds we call large marge because shes a beast, 1 is "el toro" and so on. Well also say take Marge and wanda......... and it also defines exactly what machine were talking about..

8. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't feel to sorry for Mark......He just drives around in his Ram "Cummings" barking out orders......:gunsfiring:......:laughing:

9. Defcon 5

Sounds like you have a Good Plan.......

10. Plow Now

Plow Now Member

Hey Defcon,
    I have definitely heard of them. Do you know them or have just heard of them? 50 grand a push LOL. Im gonna look them up on monday and give them a call to let them know were out there. (Some have said Im WAY OUT THERE) And I was feeling most sorry for Mark because he is driving a Dodge, Cummins or not LOL.

11. Defcon 5

No...Your not way out there....Good sidewalk crews are hard to come by and they are a profit center....payup

12. Plow Now

Plow Now Member

Thanks for your input. This is year 2 for us re: snow removal services and this angle just came about. Your input also helps solidify our resolve to dig in (pardon the pun) and focus in on providing this service as an option for snow removal contractors in the area! Thanks again.

13. Mark Oomkes

Why am I getting a Citytow deja vu feeling?

14. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Same here. Can we get an IP check?

Although currently the grammar and spelling is a lot better.

15. Defcon 5

Maybe its the son of Citytow.......:eek:

16. Plow Now

Plow Now Member

If I was related to citytow in any way, do you really think I would be doing walkways LOL. Or if you looked at any other posts Ive made would be looking for a used mount for my truck? Wait lol, bustin my balls. Haha, caught on a little late. Ok, I probably deserve it! But then again.... The reason I was asking about City Tow was because I originally was gonna mention you guys but since I really don't know you, it would be a bit presumptuous of me to do that. You may be getting a deja vu feeling, but what i need here is a deja snow feeling. We have been getting too many of those "if it tracked just a little bit more to the west" calls. Last year we got hammered which was great to learn a lot about snow removal. This year if I want any snow work I have to go to it because it doesn't seem to be coming here.

IP check? Have prostate issues?

17. snowngo

snowngo Member
    from midwest

18. Mark Oomkes

I'm still getting that vibe.

19. Defcon 5

...........:nod:

thJ29TDXF7.jpg

20. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I kinda got that vibe also. Hey Mark one thing I read on here a while back to help keep employees all year. Say you offer to pay a sidewalk guy $15.00 an hour and agree to pay them $10.00 an hour all year and if they make it to April 15 without missing anytime they get the other $5.00 for every hour they worked. You can use your own numbers.