1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I didn't know it was this easy to start a Snowplowing Business

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by grandview, Aug 10, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

:jester:I must have missed something when I got started because it was no where that easy to start off in the business but they failed to mention all the lowballers & everything else involved.
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

haha are you kidding me, and somewheres out there right now theres some clown reading that and starting a business :dizzy:
  4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Out of every 100 clowns who read this, Id be willing to bet 1 gets lucky somehow, and builds the biggest company in his town. :jester:

Either way Ill need to remember this article for next year!
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Is this how you got started gv?:rolleyes::nod::help:
  6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

yeah! lol with a lil help he got from JD Dave too! :D
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

GV was plowing when I was in diapers.:D
  8. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

While it was obviously simplistic in it's explanation I did appreciate they had the guts to mention to stay away from others gravy or risk being blackballed.

Not that you can be really but least they took the time to say...dont be a hack and a lowballer.
  9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

funny as that article is...ive read some posts of people on here that could benefit from that advice. :cool:
  10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Really - that's the basics. Notice he mentioned insurance.
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Actually, I'll still be plowing when GV is in diapers.:D
  12. grandview

JD YOU will be up to your neck in diapers and will need a plow to move them!
  13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Gv do you have any shirts left?

Thanks, Tim
  14. grandview

PM Sent.:waving:
  15. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Sure it's easy to start a business. Keeping it going for any length of time is the challenging part.
  16. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't that how everybody got started? :rolleyes:

I like how they tell you the 3 things you need, 1 being the plow mount. :dizzy:

17. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i think the most important part they forgot was the truck? anybody ever went out and bought a plow for there truck. the plow never breaks but the truck is just one thing after the other. it takes years to get customers and they come and go and some hem and haw about price then it snows and ur ears deep in phone calls
  18. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

You don't need a truck, it was not in that artical. And everyone knows what you read on the net is always right. I guess you do not need insurance either because it said nothing about that.

But really, if you have a plow with no truck to put it on I guess you don't have a need for insurance because what can you hit with a parked plow?
  19. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

dont be so sure you should see all the times people walk in to my trailer hitch at the store or something funny stuff if i was to put a camera out the back widow along would come come the person ud hear bammmmm then theyd disapear and you hear screaming and cussing
  20. ManorLandscape8

ManorLandscape8 Member

i guess they missed the step with getting insurance