1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I did it. Curb guards on an XLS with no mods...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by orenlasko, Jan 24, 2011.

1. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

Had my XLS installed today, and modded a set of arctic curb guards to bolt up on the XLS. Had it done at Hitch City in Mississauga.. Awesome job..

Here are the pics:

wing1.jpg

wing2.jpg

new plow2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Those curb gaurds look great, I'll have to try that. Noe you just need decal gaurds. All those decals will be gone after the first big storm, but still a great plow, I love mine.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:..I think mine Blew off driving home from the Dealer.....:eek:

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have put 50 hours of plowing on my xls and the decals are hanging strong wesport. The thing you need to worry about is how fast the wing edges wear. The plow looks great.

5. Matson Snow

The Stock wing edges are Poor at Best.....Hows Jerres edges Holding up......I put a set of Fallines on mine...They are doing Great,,,,,

6. Burkartsplow

They are holding up great. My buddy who runs the stock on his wideout ran them down a lot this season. Are the fallines the poly edges?

7. Matson Snow

They are Poly....A Very Dense Poly....They are Holding Up Very Well...I looked into jerres edges ...But Im a Cheap skate....I can Buy almost 4 sets of fallines for the cost of Jerres...I will get atleast 2 seasons out of the fallines...

8. Burkartsplow

Im glad they are working out well for you. Take a pic of them next time you are out and throw them up here. I have my brand new OEM set for sale if the OP wants to buy a backup set?

9. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Thanks for this info . I have looked at the Fallines for the XLS . They are not to dense to prevent the wing from tripping ? Jerre's edges are nice but I dont scrape against a lot of curbing and dont need that feature .

10. Matson Snow

No the wing will trip.......jerres edges have steel in the center....I would have love to get a set of Jerres.....But...Im a Tight A#$....:eek:

11. bigman

bigman Junior Member
    from Mass.

love the curb guards just wondering is that a dodge i see with the XLS have you had any problems with the wieght of the plow on that truck looking to put one on my dodge 2500 with a cummins what do you thing

12. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I would put it on a hemi before a Cummins . That Cummins really loads the front axle . Maybe lots of ballast over the rear axle would bring the front axle under its max rating .

13. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Very nice!

14. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

Fallines?? What are they? DO you have a web site where I could look at them. My cutting edges on the wings are worn and need replacing, local dealer wants $170.00 EACH I was going to try rubber but I'll try anything now

15. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

http://www.fallline.com/store/Results.cfm?Cat_ID=9&secondary=48

16. Chrisdigsdirt

Chrisdigsdirt Junior Member

Poly edges

I have my own version of the Fallline yellow poly edges. Mine are a blue color. Same specs as Fisher rubber edges. I am selling them for $105 each plus shipping. I know that the dealers are charging between $160 and $170. Call me at 207-939-4005 if you want to buy some.

17. Burkartsplow

lets see a picture of your edges?

18. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I bought the Falline edges . They look ok . Does anyone use the XLS skid shoes ? I wondering if they would help with wing edge wear .

19. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

i have a differnent style curb gaurds on mine, ill have to dig out my camera and share a picture, urs look good

20. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Bump it up for wear edge feedback for the fall lines and jerres, any new edges for this season?