1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I did it. Again. Guilty.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buswell Forest, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I saw an older man using a plastic snow scoop to clear the heavy wet bank left by the highway plows...so I pulled in, and back-dragged it out and pushed it away. Took me all of 1 whole minute, and you would have thought I gave him a $100 bill.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Great,now we have to tell you what you did wrong and how it could effect your business!;)

3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You can stop by and give me the $100.00 bill. You do not even need to back drag..... Congrats on the good deed !!!

4. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

some guy did that for my dad 2 years ago. very nice of him. my dad had just broke his shovel and was using a piece of plywood as a shovel.....

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

They're gonna start thinking you're Canadian and kick you out soon.

6. Lowell_Ma_Snow

Lowell_Ma_Snow Member

I do the same for the elderly and a pretty girl. Guilty, but the gratification from the elderly is worth it but when a pretty girl gives me a big smile and a thank you......it makes my day.

7. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

feels nice to help people out from time to time. good for your co too, guy will remember you .maybe give you a lead on a account. happened to me.

8. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

If he's bad for doing that, then I'm destined for hell, I've already plowed the whole driveway for an older couple for free. I wasn't asked to do it so how could I ask for a fee. And besides I'm certainly not getting any younger, and that might be me out there with my shovel someday.

9. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I plowed the whole driveway for one of my long time landscape customers and didn't charge them anything for it. And this wouldn't be the first time ivedone that. They always do the walks themselves & they didn't even ask me to do the driveway. I was doing my parent's house 2 doors over so I just felt like it was the right thing to do.

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I did the same thing for an old lady last storm. She asked how much and I said nothing. She went inside and brought out a freshly baked banana nut bread. Kept me going the next 24 hrs.

11. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

What goes around comes around.
    And it keeps karma happy.
    Good job guys!

12. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Lowballer.

13. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

It took 12 posts before it got said. New record! :jester:

14. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

:laughing: :drinkup:

15. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

i do this type of thing often, and dont tell anyone about it when i do...

16. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Good for you. It's nice to hear people doing hood things for our seniors. I'm just waiting for some &*%$ to chime in about how now you're behind schedule and made your regular customers wait

17. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That's what I say. Someday I might need some help shoveling my drive and hopefully someone will pitch in.

That's worth 60 bucks right there. Hard to find a woman who knows how to bake a good banana nut bread anymore.:laughing:

I do some of my neighbors around me after a storm. We're a small community and everyone looks out for each other. Feels good to give back a little.

18. vlc

vlc Senior Member

Same here. I always take care of my neighbors. Most are elderly. They always offer to pay me but i refuse. It's great because the next day, I'll usually get a few knocks on the door with them bringing me fresh from the oven cookies, pastries, etc.

19. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

you just did

whuuup!!!

20. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Cant turn down homemade food! Thumbs Up