1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I couldn't resist.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nova, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Nova

Nova Member

It might only be September, but in the past few weeks everyone has been coming back to Plowsite and it almost feels like November.

So I pulled the Western out of storage, just to take some pictures and play around with it for a bit! :drinkup:

plow_1.jpg

2. Nova

Nova Member

Rear shot.

plow_2.jpg

3. Nova

Nova Member

Highlighter mounted to Back Rack (took it off till November).

plow_3.jpg

4. Nova

Nova Member

I actually had a question, this is for the Ultra-Mount owners.

When I pull the "hooks" into the locking position when mounting the plow, I have to use some force because the hooks go right under the bumper.

So when I'm hooking up, I have to either drive into it with some force (ie. accellerate), and when I'm unhooking I literally have to get out and and yank the plow from side to side till the "horns" come out of the mounts.

I will try to find some pictures to illustrate in case I'm not making sense.

But this is totally defeating the purpose of the Ultra-Mount system, I had less trouble with the old Uni-Mount.

5. Nova

Nova Member

Ok here is an old pic I found.

Here you can see what I'm talking about. The "hook" part gets caught on the under side of the rubber piece on the bumper.

Is there anything I can do? Maybe raise the bumper, or something else on the plow?

plow_5.jpg

6. Santo

Santo Banned

Aren't they just guards? 2 nut/bolts each, I'd remove them for the season.

7. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Blue light

You run a blue light while plowing ?

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

In Canada, they use blue lights for warning and Nova lives in Toronto. Here in US, we use amber lights for plowing and other stuff like that.

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

HAHA still looks good NOVA. You surely have the most "BLING BLINGIN" plow truck of all of us with those euro tails and clear corners :)

Jay

10. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Nice lookin truck!

What kind of tires are on that?

Are your roof marker lamps also clear? They look cool, i've never seen that before.

Also, how do you like your highlighter? I just bought an amber one and I can't believe how bright it is.

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Oryan, I was going to ask about the tires too. Nice aggressive tread, but I can't make out the letters.

12. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I have an ultramount on an '02 Chevy, and I don't have those rubber deals on the bumper like you're knocking into. :confused: I'd see about taking them off. It's a SLICK system. Takes me 10 seconds to hook up, and about 10 to unhook. 7 of those 10 seconds are spent walking around the plow to the other side. I'd NEVER go to a standard attachment again.

I brought my plow home last night. We moved about 1 hour north this summer, and I left the plow at my neighbor's landscape yard until the weather cooled off. Since I was in the neighborhood picking up the snow bucket for my cat, i figured I'd take advantage of the ballast and haul the plow home. So I'm right there with ya. Didn't take any pictures, though. :D

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I too am curious about your tires. They look kinda like the PJ dirt grips, but the lettering doesn't fit, Maybe a Dayton Timberline A/T?

Santo is correct about the two nuts on the inside of the bumper holding those guards on, it wouldn't be too terribly hard to remove them for the winter months. I like tha backrack and light setup, similar to mine. What brand are those CC's? I've been looking at the APC's but I APC makes some very questionable products, I don't want to buy junk, thanks!

14. Nova

Nova Member

I will try removing the bumper guards, seems easy enough. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, we use blue here in Canada. Fire/Police/EMS use red/white.

The roof markers are clear, ordered them from autobarn.com. I've never seen them before either, that's why I got them.

The clear corners are APC, they make as nice a piece of plastic as you'd expect. Although there are cheaper versions on the market.

The truck serves as my personal vehicle as well and I like my stuff to stand out, everyone has a black ext. cab gm truck. When I roll into an area to work, my truck does the advertising, people remember me. This business (lawn care) is all about image and I try to focus on that in all aspects.

I like the truck the way it is and I don't plan on doing anything else, I think it's tasteful and any more will end up looking 'ricey'. :nono:

I'm very happy with the Highlighter, used it all season last year and couldn't be more happy with what it puts out for the price.

As for the tires, well they are actually Motomaster Roughrider M+S 265-75-16, from Canadian Tire (similiar to Pep Boys). I believe Motomaster is exclusive to Canadian Tire here in Cananda. But they were pretty cheap ($600/cdn installed/tax).

I bought them last January and there is considerable wear already, they are soft compound and I like to drive hard, but they've still got tons of tread left for this winter.

0051083_450_cc_179e9.jpg

15. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I don't think that your truck looks 'ricey' at all, infact, I really like the way the clear corners, markerlights and tail lights stand out from the black truck!

Thanks for the info on the APC's, I have to pick up my 95-98 Grille shell, then I'll get the corners for that. If you wanted to add anything else, maybe a set of rims, American Racing has a lot of nice alloy wheels, many of them look good with this body style truck!:nod:

They are pretty simialr to the timberline a/t:
    [​IMG]
    I like the aggresivness of them, I bet they ride better than my M/T's.

16. wyldman

wyldman Member

You could loosen off the bumper,and take it up a little bit.There is some room for adjustment.You could also grind off the offending piece on the plow a bit too,and then touch it up with some black paint.

17. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Nova thats a nice truck. thanks for sharing the pics and be sure to get more when the snow starts to fly!:D

18. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Bada$$ truck Nova I have a shortbed reg cab I was thinking about getting those clear roof lights after I saw them at a show they look real good with all the other clear lights on your truck. Did you have a uni-mount on that truck orriginally? I thought I saw one on some of the pics you posted last year. Good luck with your truck keep it lookin sharp.
    Eric

19. Nova

Nova Member

Thank you! :D

I've always had the Ultra-Mount on that truck, this will be the third season.

I took the bumper guards off and that solved the problem, it just seemed a lot easier than raising the bumper.

:drinkup:

20. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

Nova,
    You said "The roof markers are clear, ordered them from autobarn.com."

I looked at their site and couldn't find them. Could you maybe point me in the right direction. A brand name or part number might help.