1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i can't figure out why an HTS couldn't be used on an HD truck???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Feb 20, 2014.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

the electronics are the same, the mounts have the same width and dimensions. i know it is a hobby/light duty plow but why could it not be used for driveway use or as a backup?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Same reason you don't play hardball with a whiffle ball bat.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Trust me. Don't. I have a Fisher HT, which is almost identical, and it is very very light duty. My friend also has an HT..he busted the A-Frame in half pushing it with a Ram 1500. I can't imagine what damage a HD truck would do to a plow like this.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Bottom line is that an HTS can be mounted on an HD truck. As you say, the electronics, the mount, the controls are all the same. Just as you can mount a Wide-out on a half ton if you want to but you shouldn't. As said above the a-frame will be the first to break. The truck is just too heavy and powerful to be pushing a pretzel with. I suppose if I had an HTS and my Wide-out was down I would take the HTS and put it on my F550 just to get through my rout, but you can be sure I would be driving like Miss Daisy to avoid destroying it...

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Is that supposed to be a serious question??? Go ahead, try it out and come back to let us know how it went for you.

6. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

Ok so physically it will fit but it's a week plow. Thanks guys. I thought it was more about it not fitting but it seems like the issue is more about the plow not being robust.

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You got it now.