1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I can't enough of this one

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1olddogtwo, May 21, 2012.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

He would have gone twice as fast with four wheel drive....

3. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

I like this one, never seen it before. I always get a kick outta the guys on here who plow in 4x2......I have no clue how they do that in 1/2, 3/4, and even 1 tons......must never have to plow real amounts of snow like that.

4. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

ive plowed in 2 wheel drive for the past 2 years.have enough weight in the back of my cummins between 100 gallons of diesel and a bags of salt i dont need anything else.

5. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

This is funny as heck. I'm glad i got 4x4 diesel f350.

6. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

He should have had a chevy. Like a rock.:nod:

7. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

You must plow areas that are pretty flat....plus michigan is predominately flat. I load my truck with 1,200 pounds of salt and with fresh tires, sure I can plow most of my accounts. But there is no chance your plowing real inclines in 2wd with slippery conditions......never in a million years. We have accounts that I can barely navigate let alone plow. We picked up a new one this year, private road and it goes from steep to steeper to insanity....when we have more than a couple inches, I cannot back drag at all because I can't drive back over it....I back up each time and push as much down as possible then shovel the area to garage door....but whatever makes good money for us.

8. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

..so THAT's what a lowballer looks like

it prob doesn't have 4x4 which i'm sure is why he wasn't in 4x4...what i DON'T understand is why you would ever plow with a 2WD only truck...yes, there are situations where it works, but clearly there are situations where it doesn't...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  9. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

chains would help :eek:

10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

guys that was from the blizzard. im sure its a 4x4, and probably broke working the storm.

11. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

2wd is just fine if you aren't a moron.

12. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Myself and my dad always plowed in 2WD. Our thinking was its better to get stuck in 2WD and be able to put it into 4WD to get out then to get stuck in 4WD and actually be stuck. We only had a few drives what were to steep for 2WD if you plowed every 3" and didnt get to much ice on it.

13. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Probably would've helped if he had some weight in the bed.

14. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

Well, here is my response. I say the truck was 4X4 but from the looks of things he broke the front right axle joint and kept running it. It wasnt until he got into the virgin snow cranking the steering wheel that the axle joint decided to push out on the broken axle and blow out the lower ball joint, that was why the right front tire was all out of wack and he could no longer move. He had the weight of the salter and numerous bags of salt so he should have had enough ballast to still back out of the snow or at least wiggle around.

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I am with you on that. He has plenty of weight in the back.

16. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

17. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

My favorite part isn't the video, it's the morons that keep saying "he shouldn't be using a half ton"