1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I can't deside... any input

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chriso3wj, Aug 17, 2010.

1. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

I have a '06 f350 with a power-stroke and I can't decide witch plow to get.. The 2 I'm between is the 9.5 Fisher V and the Fisher XLS. I have commercial and residential plowing, any input would be great, I have always had a strait blade so....:help:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss 9.2 v plow will look good on it

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with the v

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have both of those style plows. If I had to have only 1 I would take the XLS. A Vee blade with wings is also a good choice.

5. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Would a V with wings match the pushing capacity of the XLS?

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Having had both styles, I'd take the XLS. Far more versatile than a v.

With the carrying capacity of an expanding plow, the only place a v really shines is breaking through big drifts, plowing untouched deep snow, etc. Something most guys doing commercial (read plowing with the storm) don't need to worry about.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  7. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

350 you say?! You should be able to hold a 9'2" BOSS on it. Infact that would look nice! Add some wings on it and you'll be like 12' wide!

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My Western 8'6" with Western wings will out scoop my 810 Blizzard. I don't know what the math says but last year we had 2 piles to move and the Western won. If you have to windroe the 810 will move way more snow then the Vee if it doesn't have wings.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Yous should go with the 9.5' Fisher Xtreme V IMO.

10. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Fixed it for ya Grandview...:salute::drinkup:.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's better.:salute:

12. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

Thanks guys I will have to think some more, but hsve to make up my nind soon, thanks again