1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i cant decide

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IPLOWSNO, Mar 21, 2009.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys im looking at a new truck then i thought id get prices on low model used to see if i can save money. i have always driven 1/2 tons, no 3/4 tons. i found a super duty with a 6'' lift can you still put a plow on it or is it a custom application? what kind of mileage do you think it'll get? my awd van gets 14 mpg. i love this truck though.it has the 5.4

then i seen an avy with 33000 miles loaded up, 5.3 its really sharp. i will be keeping my van. so the truck will be used sparingly i hope. but a truck is handy to have around for hauling, my van does everything else perfect. it hauls tools ass and can be used for booty calls, and no ones the wiser till shes rockin lol.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck

it's a real nice truck ,but not to practicable ,if you want to plow with it it will need a custome mount and prob some different tire's ..just my opinion and we all know what is said about them ! ussmileyflag
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Needs different rims & tires...looks pretty stupid with the factory tires and that large of a lift kit in it.
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

the super duty is awesome, but I definitly wouldnt want to plow with it. Personally, I dont like the acalanches. So, it would be a toss up really. I like the Ford though
  5. tojay22

tojay22 Member

lifted ford for sure! if you put a western ultra mount on it its a very easy fix. just have a fab shop re-make the receiver cups to drop down about 4 more inch's. i had a set made and run a 9.6 mvp ultra plus with a 6 inch lift and it works great!

tojay, post up somepics buddy i like your style.
  7. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

For my opinion, i like the SuperDuty wesport though the wheels and tires need to be changed.
    But i dislike when people own different makes of vehicles(just my opinion no need to bash)
    So if i were you id go with the avalanche.
    Good Luck

why is that? ive owned all makes thru the years it just so happens i have liked the styling of the chevy, now that im lookin for a new one, the new chevys dont look good to me, except the avalanche but that is to low for me.i guess i work hard for my money so when i get something it'll be the best priced, more sought after vehicle regardless of brand to a point.

i cant stand when you drive by a house and they have the same vehicle color and all. how exciting is that life, i want to drive differnet cars not the same thing lol
  9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

if you end up getting that superduty and swap out the rims and tires for something bigger let me know, i have been looking for a set of those 08+ 20" rims.