1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I cant decide HELP

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dan1088, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Dan1088

Dan1088 Junior Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and new to plowing. I cant decide what i should do. I bought a 97 F250 with a 7'6 straight blade and a 460, I cant decide if i should keep it or sell it and put a plow on my 05 ram 1500. Or if i should just put the uni mount on the dodge but its 1800$ in parts to do that because i need to update the headlights and wiring. I was hoping to be a sub but every place i applied at has not contacted me at all. So i am thinking the f250 will be over kill for the peoples driveways i will be plowing. Also cant make up my mind on a plow for the dodge. I like the 26series from sno way because its light and has down-force pressure. Then there is the snowdogg md series, lighter then the sno way but what worries me about them is they don't have down-force pressure. I think that would make it hard to back drag away from garage doors. Also the snowdogg is cheaper. I can get the vmd from snowdogg for the price of a snoway, then the weight comes in to play. I just cant decide. I would like some advice on what other people would do in my spot. Thanks in advance for you input.

2. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Since you are new to plowing, In my opinion you should hold on to the ford. Since it already has the plow set up on it, use it for a year or two and get some plowing experience. Then try and deside if you want to put a plow on your Dodge. That way your not forking out a bunch of money only to find out that plowing aint for you.
    This will also give you a better idea as to what kind, type, and size plow will work best for the type plowing your doing.

3. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Geer hed is right I was and some times a sub for a friend. I was a sub for 3years good pay and only some of the head ake.
    keep what you have for now. If you have all your insurance becoming a sub should be easy. When I was a sub I needed a 1millon
    liability and 500,000 GL be for I was picked.up hope this helped

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

DIDO on what geer hed & blazer2plower said, the ford is ready to go and you need to make sure plowing is for you, good luck and welcome to plow site.

5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

x4 on what they all said

6. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

The F250 is not overkill for driveways.

Keep that 460 clean...road salt killed mine.

7. Dan1088

Dan1088 Junior Member

Thanks everyone for you input that's probably what i will do. Keep it since i got a good deal on the truck anyhow. Thanks again everyone

8. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Spare the dodge for warm weather and use that paid for F250 for winter beating. Throw some wings on it and really sail across lots.