1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i can't believe this!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mcwlandscaping, Mar 17, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I was looking up on accuweather the total snow accumulation for last night and this mornings snow storm and they said the total was .99 inches. Then i looked at the location it was taken......Manchester Airport.....what did they do measure off of the runway after the plow was done each pass?

So does anyone know where an accurate reading can be found?
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It probably is the amount of liquid percipitation.
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

look up nashua airport or pease tradeport and see what those say
  4. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Generally taken just behind the Biggest Jet engine they can find, at full throtle so they do not have to put on a coat.

National Weather service generally has a good text and graphic version....
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Had to be over a foot! I got a call from a customer at 7:30 in the morning asking if I could come by he house because there kids had a swim meet in Exiter. She did even realize I did her driveway two times and the last pass was about 2:00 AM. When I had my old truck with a fowmaster muffler they alway new I was there. Diesels may be load right next to them but they don't resonate there the houses. Anyway when I got up there was at least 5 more inches of snow with a crust of ice on it and a pile over 2' along the street. If I waited until it was over it was well over a foot the way it drifts and blows off the roofs onto the driveways some places were at 18".
  6. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

That's In Liquid Precip.
  7. LongTimer

LongTimer Junior Member

Storm Totals

Try this NWS site http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/pns.shtml Print it because it only stays up for a few days - .99 is the precip in inches of water - the "fluff factor" will determine how much snow
  8. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

hey yaz...
    exeter ..:waving: