1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I can't believe the amounts of plows still being sold here.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I was at our local Fisher dealer the other day and his shop was packed with trucks all getting new plows. There was 4 or 5 out front finished and another 5 or 6 inside getting plows put on and a few in for repairs. This is the same shop that a month or so ago was empty....everything is ars backwards this year.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not like they're going to go bad.

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

That's because of the whole global warming shift paradigm...January is the new November.

4. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Im afraid you're not too far off...It seems like were losing a month

5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

They know the snow is coming. It ALWAYS DOES. EVERY YEAR. 2011-12 is no different.

6. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

build it they will come!!!

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

lots of half tons running around here with brand new plows on them an magnets on the door that say SNOWPLOWING call.

To many guys off work and throwing money at an idea of hitting it big plowing snow.

8. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Very, very true it has been this way for a couple of years now. The funny thing is a lot of these clowns are putting it on credit. I know the western dealer and now the boss deal become the creditors in our city and allowing you to make payments on it so they don't have to come up with the $4200-$6000 for a new blade. Their thoughts like I read on a earlier post " HEY IT WILL SNOW" Thumbs Up. Keep dreaming the big dream people thinking we will keep having monster amounts of snow every year!!! I see that pipe dream coming to a end soon with most of us in the snow belt region not having any significant amounts of snow laying on the ground this season, A lot of these same clowns that did that will be struggling come summer time to make those payments!! If they paid for them out right be prepared for a mass selling of blades this summer when they need the money to pay their bills because their pipe dream not come true! Just like in the construction industry need a big collapse to get rid of the hack builders. We are needing one here also to get rid of a lot of these half baked people thinking this is a easy industry to break into!

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Not to be mean but your post is somewhat two faced isn't it? In your sig you mention how subs have helped you get where you are today. Didn't those subs start by buying a plow for their truck and go out and try to find work to pay for it? That's what I thought. So you hire "clowns" with a plow on their truck to make you money. We all started somewhere.

10. TPC Services

Most my Clowns as you would like to call them GUY!! are people that have plowed for many years for me during the winter and have full time summer jobs and are lay off during the winter. and own their own equpiment or use the previous years money and buy newer equipment they do not use money that they don't have to buy pipe dreams... the people I am referring to are the ones that have lost their job and have spent their savings or are spending money that they don’t have by chasing a dream instead of trying to find consistent work that will pay their bills a hell of a lot better than praying that it will snow enough for them to pay back that debt they just took out. use your flipping head before specking would you my god your idiot!!!
    The main point I’m trying to make here slow poke is don’t go out and spend money if you need it to buy your baby’s diapers on a pipe dream then come on here and complain about how it’s not snowing and you not able to pay your bills!!!
    your are completely lost again on the main point genius, so as I said on another post get on your soap box and preach to someone else that cares about your non since rambling!!!! TOOL!!

11. ALC-GregH

from pa

I see you like to call people names. Say what you want. The "guys" you hired were in the same boat at one point of another. Have you EVER made a bad decision in your life? I'm guessing you'll say no.

12. TPC Services

Yes to tell the truth I have many of times and one is trying to reason with a person like yourself that is not seeing the main point here!! Which is, everyone I having working for me or that I know as contractors don’t spend money that they do not have. Which in short again means they have surplus cash “ profit” extra dough not allocated to their normal cost to live !!! are we getting the hint here bud!! Sorry I don’t mean to call people names but if you’re not getting the point then I must because you maybe slow and I apologize!! Which again for the last time if you need the money to life off of because you lost your job and have never done this before in your life then don’t buy a snow plow hoping it will snow 100”s every year because it wouldn’t happen!!! Know your living off my dime because your pipe dream didn’t come through an you‘re on welfare now!!!

Are we getting the hint yet?? :dizzy:

Thank you for wasting my time today trying to explain the simple facts in life. If you do not have the money for it without having to sacrifice your normal way of life then don't buy it!!

13. ALC-GregH

from pa

I think I'm going to go out and buy a plow for my truck and pay for it with diapers. Thanks for the great idea.

Was your user name XLS on lawnsite?

14. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I plow snow for beer money just so these guys with no job cant afford diapers after buying their plow on credit :)

15. Leanworks

Leanworks Member

I just drive around drinkin' beer and piss in a diaper. Use the plow on the front so people think I'm doin' somethin.'tymusic

And in hte winter, when there's snow, I take it off. But leave the diaper on.:cry:

16. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I like how you classify ME as a pipe dreamer that can't pay for his plow, all because I said IT WILL SNOW. In a town that averages over 88" PER SEASON. I don't care if it doesn't snow another inch all year; but I guarantee you it will. Excuse me now, I have to go hang my pipe dream catcher over my bed. I will be counting snowflakes in my head as I attempt to fall asleep

17. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

My post started this so let me clarify what I was trying to say.

I will be the last person in the world to knock a guy for trying to make a buck to put food on the table. There are alot of people out there that are perfectly capable of supporting themselfs, but have found out that the government will so don't try.

Believe me, I understand that you have to start some where in this industry. But, just like any other job, you don't start out as a Foreman. You do your time as an Apprentice, learn the trade, then work your way up.

The people that I am talking about is the guys that have never plowed snow in their lives and have suddenly decided that hey... I can plow snow. So, they go out and buy a brand new plow, slap it on their half ton pickup and go out and sub for $40 an hour, Or take a commerical account from a company and do it for pennies on a dollar. These guys with no clue and no insurrance are slowly killing this industry one brand new plow at a time.

18. The Boss Man

The Boss Man Junior Member

....We hope..

19. ALC-GregH

from pa

Ahhh, you're talking about "snowballers" hahahaha

20. TatraFan

TatraFan Senior Member

What do you mean-- that is exactly what our credit based society demands you to do... I mean not to be too brutal here but unless you've been making (7 digits for a salary) you're pay probably has seen a real decrease in buying power. So basically if the average person in our economy took your advice we would be growing at negative numbers instead of the abysmal 1-2%-- we've been growing at for the last decade or so.