1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I can tell winter is getting closer...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Aug 3, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Today I finally went and put a deposit on a plow for my new truck. I ended up going with a Boss 8.2 V. It's getting installed The 29th of this month. Then this afternoon I got a call from an apartment complex that I put a application in to be a contractor for landscaping and plowing. Everything was approved. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the contract. I have some inside contacts within the company to help me out with winning the bid. I'm really excited for this winter, it's my first year doing commercial plowing and it's going to be an adventure!!
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Good for you, and good luck! You are right about winter on the way. I bought 2 plows last week on the hottest week of the year. lol Also picked up a couple signed contracts. Good luck, and good job getting prepared well in advance.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a journal entry......much luck

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Hey, best of luck to ya! I don't think there's anything better than getting out of bed at 4:00 am and seeing the snow falling, and jumping aboard your plow rig.:drinkup:

Unfortunately, I lost my major contract this year. The owner bought a truck and plow for his franchise, so he won't need me anymore.:cry:

I think it's gonna be a slow year for me this year.
  5. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

Go get em tiger!
  6. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

Went to a local truck equipment place and seen all the new stainless steel baldes out for display. Sign near them said winters coming get yours today. Kinda made me sad seeing i still have my Camaro out on the road.