1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i can push my wideout left and right when off the ground

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bull dozer, Nov 1, 2011.

1. bull dozer

bull dozer Junior Member

plow has very little hydraulic power to the right or left.removed all 8 soleniod valves and checked for debre one of the lower ones on the drivers side had a o ring stuck in it but none of the valves were missing any o rings everything else on the plow works fine.where did the o ring come from?
  2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the pressure relief valve has failed, but only a wild guess on my part.

3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Ditto on that notion.
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to start at the pump pressure to see what you have to work with. Your pump could be hooped and not making pressure, or the pump could be fine and, as the others have suggested, the pressure relief valve is failing and allowing the pressure to leak away to reservoir, or both of those are fine and you have a control valve problem and the pressure is simply not being directed to the approprate rams effectively. Here is a link to the Wide-out mechanic's guide, check it out and then come back with your next question... http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_121704.pdf I hope that you have some tools, pressure gauge and a comfortable place to work because the wide-out has one of the most complex hydraulic units that Western makes, it's no piece of cake to troubleshoot.