1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Can Only Dream.....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, Sep 25, 2012.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The banks have money. Hopefully the person that wins in, will keep it in as good of condition as it is in now. But i highly doubt it will happen.

3. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

That truck is amazing! Not exactly a collectable... yet. maybe if kept in that condition it will.

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck but..... when not driven that can cause damage also.... so if even if you could buy it, you might want to proceed with caution.

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

A lot of the seals and rubber lines could be rotted out.

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

reminds me of my dads '99 explorer. bought it in '08 with 17k miles on it. 4 years later with 31k miles no issues from sitting. so long as they were started and run semi often i would not worry alot.

beautiful truck, i'm not a chevy fan but i love anything like new and very low mile.

7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

why would you want a truck with a worthless shortbed? and why the hell would you put a plow on a like new 12 yr old truck with 4k miles?

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Great driveway truck, but I don't think I'd have the heart to put a blade on it.

9. mercer_me

In 2007 my Dad bought a 1992 Ford Ranger 4.0L 2wd sport with 17,000 original miles for $700. That truck was cherry untill, someone hit me head on and totaled it. :mad:

The Chevy short box is a classic. Now that I think of it, I probably wouldn't put a plow on it, I would probably keep it to tool around town with.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe for it's intended use a short box is fine, that extra 2' might make the truck less agile. Do your parents think your worthless because you seem to only have 3/4 of the brain capacity of a normal person?

11. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

get OOWWWNNNNEEEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Holland

Holland Senior Member

13. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Wow 15K - no thanks

14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

agreed, who in their right mind would even pay 10k for that?

15. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That POS wasn't worth 10k brand new.

16. mercer_me

I would pay $10,000 but, no more than that.

17. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

half ton regular cab short bed. might as well have a subaru or a 4wd suv. maybe my parents do think im worthless its very possible. i barely graduated high school

18. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Had a couple of those over the years, sweet trucks.

19. JT SNOW

JT SNOW Member

Cute little Truck....Good for hauling a bag or two of salt and a couple of shovels.....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

20. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Oh quit bashing the little truck. I had chevy short box a while ago and it was a awesome truck. Wish I still had it. If I had the money I would def consider it.