1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I brought my truck to the ER

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Aug 31, 2012.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I just got thee old girl back (92 chev 3/4 ton) from the shop. They replaced the EGR valve and the guy said run some seafoam and high octane gas through it and should stop pinging in a few tanks. Well today it got worse and louder and now it is missing and I couldnt even go 40mph I had to come home early. I am ganna bring thee old girl back to the emergency room and see what the doc says. Hopefully its just a cold or mabe the flu and not stage 4 cancer HAHA. Than I will have huge medical bills HAHA. I all ready have huge medical bills since I am a stage 4 survivor myself WHOOHOO 6 months remission!!!
    What do you guys think it is? any idea's so I can prepair myself for the bad news. luckly I just bought another truck a week ago. Mabe the old girl was jelouse of that truck. LOL

Talk to ya guys later!!

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Eff Cancer! It sucks! And has no effing friends.
    Hope you feel better, and good luck!

3. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Prolly needs a tune up. Everything from wires, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter. Thats what I'd start with.

4. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I did a tune up about 8000 miles ago or last year. Truck sits more than it gets driven I drive 2-3 times a week for a full day of lawn care and when it snows it gets driven for 2 days straight. Oh and the fuel filter was done last year to that was a pain in the azz.
    I am thinkn timing must of slipped or something of that nature or a rocker is out of whack. Am I on the right course? Thanks again peeps

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What was the initial problem? Kinda sounds like parts are flying at it for no reason lets start at square one

6. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

well the doc said there is no compression on number 3 so I said stop what you doing the bill will be high enough.So I took it to a friends shop and I tore down the motor come to find out she blew the haead gasket between number 3 and 5. put it back together with new valve covers and a new aluminum intake cause the old one cast steel and rusty as hell. after a lil timming adjustment she ran great. she is hard starting though but once it warms up its a good runner. I am ganna change the temp sensor and see if that cures the problem.

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

What engine?....Sound like a clogged egr valve problem, sometimes replacing the egr loosens up the carbon and it gets wedged. There are screened gaskets available to prevent this.