1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I brokedown and went for it

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Dec 21, 2004.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

After putting many many hours and much money into my '79 K10, and the mrs. up my keaster about all that, I decided to give up Sunday night and went out monday and traded my Honda Civic in for a 2000 Silverado 1500 extended cab. This truck has no plow yet, but the dealer is having a 7'6" Fisher put on it for me.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That's one hell of an upgrade from civic to plow truck! Good job!! :drinkup:

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Congrats JRM!! I think you'll be pretty happy with it. I have a 2000 Ext. cab Silverado myself. Never had a problem with it and handles the plow pretty darn good for a 1/2 ton. Like the Boss says, that's a hell of an upgrade!!

Congrats again...post a pic when you get it. Oh, and another member here "Bad Luck" has the same set up, 7.5 Fisher on a 2004 1/2 ton Silverado, nice looking rig, he has some pics on here somewhere.

Buck

4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Hey JRM, what do you plan on doing with the 79?

5. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Thanks everyone....

I'm torn on what to do with the 79. I would like to keep it and fix it when I have time, which isn't much. Right now i'm trying to convince my dad to take it after I finish fixing it next yet. I would sell it though if I could get like 4 or 5k which is about what I put into it.