1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I broke my towing mirror - 05 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scott nadeau, Aug 17, 2008.

1. scott nadeau

scott nadeau Junior Member

Hi all - I went thru tha car wash the other day, and the glass on my mirror broke. Can I buy the glass for the mirror alone, or do I have to buy the whole assembly? Anybody have a rough idea on the price of the parts? How difficult is the project (I'm fairly mechanical). This is the telescoping tow mirror with the built in directional lights.

Now I pull the mirrors in before going through the car wash!
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if its just the lens only go to a local glass shop. thay can cut and glue one in for ya for 15-30 bucks.
  3. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

They sell direct replacement glass at most most car part stores! Just know your measurements, and I think most come with the needed glue too. Good luck.
  4. scott nadeau

Thanks! I was prepared for a 200 dollar expense!

Will both/either of these options support the turn signal lamps in the glass?
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

we smashed a mirror on my girlfriends fathers 1500 a couple years ago. took it to a glass shop, cost about $30 and had it back in a couple hours. he did loose the turn signals and heated mirror though, he was told that up front. he didnt care because of the price of a OEM replacement.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell your girlfriend to take her shoes off first!:D
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No one makes a replacement/aftermarket "pre-fit" mirror glass for the GM power extend tow mirrors. You can have a glass shop cut you one but you'll lose the turn signal feature. The heating grid is on the plastic plate that the glass is attached to so as long as you only replace the glass itself you wont lose that feature.

The glass/plastic plate assembly (with heat & turn) is available separately from the entire mirror from GM. Cost is approx $120. :dizzy:
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

haha that gave me a good laugh
  9. scott nadeau

Just don't tell my wife about the girlfriend and her 8" heels :)