1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I broke a few welds on my Sno Way.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Peterbilt, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have a 22 Series plow. I do Plow Snow with it, Commerical mostly.

One of my drivers said that he noticed a broken weld on it. I looked it over and noted it was broken and called my dealer. He asks if we had hit something. What the hell? Everyone of us hits stuff. Curbs, Ice, Ground, Frozen snow....

So I repair the weld since we had 3 storms in as many days, I kinda need this truck up and running.

So we run all day yesterday no mention of problems. So this morning I go out to do a few follow-ups, and notice a sound like a loose cutting edge. So I get out to check things out and I have now broken the welds on both the main pivot towers!!!!!!!! This molboard is only a year old for gods sake.

Last year i broke the truck side mounts due to weld failure and had my warranty take care of that one.

AND. I have had continual wiring failure issues all season long.

I have had enough of this POS and once its fixed will be getting rid of it completely.

So my sno-way days are limited.

Peterbilt

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Man that is a lot of failures for one plow. I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I have had my 22 series for 2 years and have had very good service out of it. I wish it worked out better for you.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like you need a new Blade frame. Call Steve or Andy at snoway tech/warranty. 5 year structural warranty. Take photos, email them in after you talk to Andy/Steve. Snoway is serious about their warranty. Pop a PM to Toby4492 he'll check in at half time or after the game is over:drinkup:

I'm surprised your dealer is unwilling to work with you Snoway will pay the bill including labor, and you can't sell plows with out providing support.

4. topdj

topdj Senior Member

Im no expert but the website seems to say its not a commercial use plow

http://www.snoway.com/snow-plows-22.cfm

Sno-Way 22 snowplows provide the ultimate combination of lightweight blade construction and unmatched structural integrity for non-commercial plowing.

even the 26 says this

http://www.snoway.com/snow-plows-26.cfm

Designed for large SUVs and 1/2 ton trucks, the Sno-Way 26 snow plow is ideal for the homeowner or small business owner with non-commercial snow removal needs.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I use mine commercially!! WOOPS!!:)

6. topdj

topdj Senior Member

Im sure Basher or Toby4492 will respond, they know more about the products than most of the people on the site.

7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I agree and by the way I really like your setup in the pic. Nice ride!!

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

thank you Pearce
    if you search the Hiniker section you will see my comments on the Plow I have

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you think I should call my commercial 22 series customers and tell then to stop?:rolleyes:

10. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Gee...uuhhh...I dunno.....maybe.....?....LOL

11. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I broke a weld at the start of this season. And I took it to my dealer and they re welded it and said it is warrantied. and it did not cosy me anything.

12. topdj

topdj Senior Member

do they make a commercial 22 or 26 ? I dont see one on the site

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If the plow is within it's warranty period the first step is to get your retailer involved. Most retailers just like manufacturers are not willing in most cases to make any kind of warranty consideration with a phone call. Pictures or seeing the affected components in person tend to tell a clear story as to what can and can not be considered for warranty coverage.

The 5 year structural warranty in place is for defects in manufacturing. If these are cold welds inspection of the component will determine that.

I would suggest taking photos or taking the plow into the retailer that you work with to get your issues resolved.

14. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

22 or 26 series is basically for small trucks so they wouldnt have a commerical plow for a lite truck! i would suggest a 3/4 or 1 ton for commerical use JMO

15. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Now I could go into this all deep like and ramble on and on. But we'll just keep this short.

Yes I use thi plow on commercaial accounts, So yes, since its a personal use plow I am prematurely aging the plow. But. There are lots of other guys using 22s to do the same thing I am doing and thiers are having NO problems. Figure that one out.

I have looked at alot of other 'Personal" Plows and compared to the BOSS Personal plow 'Which is closer to a 26 Series" the sno-way just doesn't compair.

I am trying to get my dealer 'After half azzed yelling at the guy' to find out if a 26 series would fit my 22 series mounts. So I could just get a more stoutly made plow.

I know a guy here in Iowa City thats got the same truck I do '05 Nissan frontier" but his has the boss personal plow and his truck handles it just fine. So What would be wrong with a 26 Series. I mean My truck is just a Japanesse version of a Durango. And that what Sno-way claims these 26 series fits.

So If toby or Basher could help here that would be great.

And I will get the pics up on here as soon as I can. So you all can see the carnage that happened to the molboard.

Peterbilt

16. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Have you taken the plow into the retailer to have it assessed? If within your warranty period and the issues are cold welds, this would be a manufacturing defect and would be covered. Not much that I can do without getting your retailer involved.

You are correct that many here on site run our 22 series in commercial residential applications without issue. This model is considered a personal duty plow. It is however covered with the same structural warranty as all our commercial products.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

22 and 26 unit don't swap. Sorry. What kind of truck are you running this on?

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:)-------->

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thanks B&B.:waving: old eyes:mad:

How is a Frontier a Japanese Durango?

20. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Havent't you seen the new Japanese Dodge Dealers in your area yet?
    Maybe they are just here in Iowa......lol