1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I bought one and can't wait for snow!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by ATVGUY, Oct 16, 2008.

ATVGUY Junior Member
    from central

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Sure good at 1-2 in. snow how is it with 6 in. or more....????
  3. pby98

pby98 Member

nice hope it works out good for ya
  4. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I have had one since about March. Used it on snow, up to a foot, and dirt/rock through the summer. Works fine for me.

One big feature of this is you can hold the blade height with it. When spreading gravel I don't want it to dig so with the down pressure system I can hold the blade at the height I want without the blade floating up.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What did you get for an ATV and plow? Good luck this winter.
  6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

be careful with that.

You be replace edge on plow because it get worn out due pressure force and it be better is slower than normal.

My GT tractor have one it hydraulic lift well I replace 3 edges because this. Plus it not cheaper to replace edge.

ATVGUY Junior Member
    from central

No wear bar issue!

Cycle Country has that figured out they have a long life wear bar. I did not buy one since I don't need a wear bar yet, but go to their website they have a bar that would seem to outlast the plow. I dont know that but if and when I do need a wear bar I am going to get one of those.
  8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty cool, I wonder how it does in hard packed down snow as that was just wet which usually cleans up well anyways. Hope you have good luck with it
  9. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

I'd like to have one if I knew forsure it was worth the 100 bucks. As far as wearing down the wear bar, i just get 3/8" steel, 4 inches wide i think, so that way when one side is wore out, i just flip it over, cheaper than a cycle country too.
  10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya thats all I am getting is a piece of steel