1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I bought a plow and have a lot of questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by erichy, Jun 8, 2010.

1. erichy

erichy Junior Member

Hi guys I'm brand new to plowing and I recently bought a Unimount off a 2002 GMC 2500 diesel. I have a 1999 F250 Superduty diesel to pull horses and figured I'd throw a plow on it. The whole set up with spare new pump was 500.00 so I picked it up figuring I would sell the mount and wiring and buy the correct parts for my truck but reading around this site I see you guys can convert harnesses to work on different trucks. Can I use any of the wiring? I'm going to have a lot of dumb questions in the next couple months for you guys so I apologize in advance.:drinkup:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can use all the wiring except the headlamp specific plug in harness as they're headlamp specific. Just need the correct one for the lamp style on your Super.
  3. erichy

erichy Junior Member

Thanks B&B. Anyone have a mount for a 1999 F250 Superduty?
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Super what? :D
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Funny thing about that. I'm not sure Western ever made a uni-mount mount for the superduty. They had gone to the ultra mount by then. You could have to buy a ultra mount and a uni-mount conversion kit.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You know. :D

There were Uni's for the 99-04's but any more they're like hens teeth, talked about but seldom seen. :D