1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i bought a new truck!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 91AK250, Mar 22, 2009.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i'm so excited guys! i bought myself a new truck, my dream truck!

its a 2004 excursion xlt 4x4 V10, rear seat DVD, backup sensors, 6 disk cd changer..ect ect

it books for $14,995 here in ak, i got it for $12 flat..i think i did allright.

80k miles and service history for much of its life, runs amazing and drives great..except i did the test drive in a snow storm haha heres the pics tho!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where's the plow?:confused:

3. 91AK250

lol no plow, just a nice new daily driver for me :) the old '91 does just fine with the plowing.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

What happened to the explorer?

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Sharp Truckster

6. 91AK250

thanks guys!

the explorer is just fine, dont worry lol i'm keeping it and will still drive it also untill i have the V8 ready to go into it..then it'll be out of comission for alittle while..thats partly why i wanted a nice truck to drive well my nice one was on jackstands.

if everything goes right i should have it tomarrow..i'm so excited idk how im going to get up and go to work waiting for the bank lady to call saying the check is ready lol

i plan to try and keep this one pretty stock and just drive it.maintain it...i do want to put HIDs in it though right away so i can see where the heck im going.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice ride and you will love the V-10........except for the MPG's....lol

8. 91AK250

so OMG i got it today! i picked it up at 5:30 and by 10pm i had 150 miles clocked so far!

around town i'm getting 10.5mpg so says the onboard computer and 16.9mpg on the highway..ofcourse when you buy one of these that isnt much of a concern..as in my case.

i love how it drives i love all the room..its absolutly amazing!

so heres all my babys together
    [​IMG]

went out on a drive with her
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

me and my new baby
    [​IMG]

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

hmm, im still undecided on the excursion idea, but i like that explorer, its pretty sweet

10. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Hey I gotta admit buying something like that I thought you would have a large family, you sure don't look old enought to have a large family(unless you started real early) or are dutch.LOL

Hey nice daily driver, a plow would look sweet on it, a nice 9' boss vee? Would match the truck perfect.

11. 91AK250

lol nope, no lage family of my own anyway..just a 19yr old kid with a dream for a big truck haha

but it will be nice when my whole family(parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts/uncles) wants to go out for special outings we can take one truck insted of 2-3.

i'm so excited just to drive to work because it means more time behind the wheel of the beast..woohoo

12. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

you should invest in the towing mirrors and get rid of those tiny paddles

13. 91AK250

oh i'm looking at the '09 super duty mirrors hard..i really like them!

14. 91AK250

so last night after going 215 miles and sitting on half a tank i decided to filler her up. to my surprise i was almost dead on with what i expected it to be.

215 mile on 20.4gal of gas which turns out to be 10.5mpg which with the way i drive, pretty heavy footed i can still get "decent" milage for somthing this size..now that was all city dirving with half of the time being in 4x4.

i'm debating on throwing some HIDs i have laying around in it untill i order a bi-xeon kit we'll see.

15. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Nice rig! Love the color!! (mine's the same). You might check if the '09 mirrors will fit the '04 though, design change I think.

16. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

10.5 isnt bad, thats about wat im getting out of my 6.0 right now

17. 91AK250

i believe the doors are the same 99-09? we have a crap ton of 09s at work and i looked them over very close and they look exactly the same mounting wise?

yeah i'm def not going to whine about gas milage lol its a v10 7,000lbs truck..you dont but it for gas milage. haha

18. 91AK250

i have to say the fun to drive factor on this thing is sky high! i love it!

logged 300miles and 31gal of gas, i'm pretty happy with the milage considering...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ud-qnrlKe_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ud-qnrlKe_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

19. 91AK250

well i thought i would update alittle. my excursion now has 86,5XX miles on her. i absolutly love this truck!

i've spent about $1,300 in gas so far, i've kept all my recipts and wrote down the milage and cost and hand calculated the MPG. so far over the summer mostly city driving a few trips i've averaged 10.9mpg out of the beast. considering shes still pretty much stock except a drop in K&N that aint bad.

i've done alittle work to her.
    6000K HIDs
    black bull bar
    2 7" HID dirving lights
    towing mirrors
    LED taillights
    new brakes all around. rotors and pads.

next up i plan to
    change the fluid in all the box's,tranny..ect
    cold air intake
    custom side exhaust
    SCT 3 power programmer
    paint to match most all the trim
    a set of cooper discoverer 265/70 M&S studded for winter
    remote start/alarm
    super duty springs

pics from so far this summer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice excursion. You should get the newer grill and headlights from a 05-07 ford.