1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I am sick of winter already !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ECS, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Yep!!!! Been one friggin rough season. Worst winter since we came here in 1989. Could not even finish my props today, just came home. Blizzard and complete white out most of day. People were able to get out this morning but no one is getting into there house tonight without a little walk about in the snow.

Had to stop in the middle of the road every couple of minutes, due to the winds & snow, and hope no one was being an ass and coming towards me.

Could not even make it to one prop because it was down to one lane and that one lane was a rotary making the lane.

Could not get into couple other roads, heck could not even find the road. Drove by a couple of my driveways today because I could nt see them.

The company I call when I need a loader never got to their driveways as of 5:00 PM because of the roads that they do and spending all day pulling people out because they were stuck and in their way.

Total chit hole today here. More snow & wind tonight. All three roads out of the valley are closed, one to the north, one to the south and one to the west, all closed because of avalanches and drifting.
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I can somwhat relate. Roughly a 20" storm yesterday with lots of blowing and drifting. Normal season here is about 48" and we are over 70" for this season. At least we have had some melting spells in between.

I can imagine if there is that much snow in the valley that the mountains are just buried.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

We ended up with about 2 inches of the freezing rain again.That stuff is like pushing wet cement. It's like it doesn't even want to just snow!:realmad:
  4. ECS

ECS Senior Member

In January I plowed 6-7 feet of drifting in driveways. No melting spells in between though. :drinkup: :drinkup: Believe it or not, snow fall totals are still down from 2006/2007 season, but we did not have the drifting we are getting this year. :dizzy:
  5. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

And way are you complaining? I wish we had 150" of snow. Send some this way! This is how I feed my family!!
  6. ECS

ECS Senior Member

:drinkup: This is how I feed my family too, and pay all the bills. I am not so much complaining as I am venting. :drinkup:
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

We'll you better get some rest it looks like it's letting up..:drinkup:

But it's that light wind blown snow.....lollol

I think these guys are camping in there van.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  8. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I actually think they must have been skiing the back country and could not get back up to get their van. Can't wait to see that by morning. :D :D
    Heck the winds today even blew the tops of my piles off. They are about 1 1/2 feet smaller now.
  9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Very possible ..
    (on the van)

Hey, hear is one more shot this is the first night in a while you could see any lights in the Vally..;)
    still snowing .....
  10. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Here is a shot of Apline, 34 miles to the south.

11. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Hey, take a look at Pinedale. That is what it looked like out of my windshield all day. :D

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Roll down the window when your smoking!:D
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

It's nice having the snow, but with having all residentials, piling problems occur. One house has a pile pretty dang close to 10 feet high after yesterday which is funny, because we had just knocked it down a little that morning.
  14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Has'nt changed much .
  15. Bozeman

Bozeman Junior Member

It's blowing the same way here. The driveways out in the county are drifted solid. I put the plow in V and can't even make a dent in them. Even if you do get a path through them, the sides are so solid that you can't push them any wider. I've had to use the Bobcat on almost everyone. I agree the blowing is getting old real fast.
  16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Send all your unwanted SNOW to us here in NJ- we've had the polar opposite problem- NO SNOW :cry: I'd welcome the "problem" of having TOO MUCH SNOW!:dizzy:
  17. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Well the guys east of both of us need some so it should be there pretty soon with these winds.
    When I do spring cleanups on my lawns, it is going to be hell. Some of these piles may be there into June. :eek:
  18. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Man to hear guys complain about to much snow. Deal with it and do your job and if that involves taking a little longer then it involves taking a little longer. Last year we had a strom where i was out for 22 hours straight for 4 days and then another 15 or so on the last one. Had a blade break, truck went down and drifts as high as houses. I did not sleep much. had to call my old boss in NC to bring up a couple of trucks to help out. I did what i had to do get things done. There are guys that are 30 inches below average for the year and have not plowed a lick in almost two months. Complain because there is not enough snow, complain because there it so much snow. Cant make anyone happy. I learned if it snows then great and then if is doesnt then what can i do about it. Chalk it up as a bad winter, but why get on here and talk about being sick of winter and making payup where there re guys out there that would love to be making payup like you. Quit :cry:. have a great day guysussmileyflag
  19. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

ECS,look at the bright side,you could be in NJ like me.I've plowed four times this season,thats it,I have snow envy.I have some questions about plowing,living in the west ass well as the high end property management you do,is there a way I can contact you?
  20. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

how can you be sick of winter arent you making tons of cash right now :confused: