1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I am OUT.. truck is down a leak..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PowerWagon, Dec 26, 2009.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Sad day I have to quit snow removal.. truck just had an broken seal back of engine block.
    here's the leak I found in my drive way after finish other drive ways..

[​IMG]

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

believe it or not, this repair isn't the worst, or hardest thing to do, an afternoon if you are mechanically inclined at all, get a chilton manuel, and a friend who can give you a hand, pull off the transfer case, unbolt the transmission and pull it back, then you take a punch, knock out the old seal and tap in the new seal. and those old dodges have loads of room under them for you to work on it.

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Oh man. That's a real bummer. It won't hurt to try fixing it though. The way I see it is that it can't get much worse if you tried.

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You can change that seal in 1 day if you know how to do.

Most time those seal go bad when crankcase vent is clog. it pop any seals that are weak.

Change PVC Valve that will reduced crankcase vent pressure.

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Why not just keep the crankcase full until you have time to change the seal. Milwaukee is right change the PCV and maybe it will slow down the leak or maybe even stop it.
    Never give up the fight.

6. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Looks like the deere will be stepping up to the plate here

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, I'm all in favor of the 4020.

8. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Don't go out without a fight !

9. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

yeah the Deere 4020 be a real good tractor.. problem is tractor is not near me at all, my dad is using it.. :cry: One those days it will be moved near me.

yeah I can do Repairs but it's going in to a shop next week. Wife called some guys who do repairs will help on it.

wish I had other truck for back up. but don't have that kind income at this time.

Hope I win the Power Ball Lotter TONIGHT..

this old truck needs to RETIRED.. but yeah it's good truck to get around snow.

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry for your troubles.Just don't tell the DEC you left behind some oil.:nod: