1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I am only the messenger not the forecaster!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by turfmasters, Dec 21, 2011.

1. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Joe Bastardi as of 6:30 am today said yes a X-mas snow storm is coming.He believes the GFS is not catching on yet and will sing a different tune on Friday.This is for the Mid-Atlantic and NE.

2. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

X-mas snow

LETS hope so Thumbs Up

3. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

i sure hope soo because everyone else's outlooks are pretty bleak!

4. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Does he mention anything else about the rest of the winter?

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

So far he hasn't said anything about the rest of the winter, hmmmmm i'm looking forward to february

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

So you have had all this time off and now you want to plow on Christmas day? No thank you.

7. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

7am post by JB and he is not backing down.He says that everyone thinks he's nuts and that his son is getting smack on FB about his dads bold prediction on a Storm for X-mas. Joe still thinks this is a Mid-Atlantic storm and people will be kissing his but or slamming the door in his face by Sunday.

8. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

JB will be on Fox Business News this afternoon and he said he is going to issue a snow map for the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic for X-Mas Day Storm.He is really going out on a limb for this one and if it turns out to be a bust then he better dig a real big hole and hide or if he's right then JB will be a HERO! Bottom of the ninth,bases loaded with 2 strikes and your best hitter at the plate.Oh Boy!!!

9. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah... I don't get it. :confused:

10. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

JB REALLY HAS A SET OF BRASS BALLS! His update at 1:30 pm is what he will tell Fox Buisness at 2:30pm today for everyone to hear.Buckle up here it comes! Light snow Northern NJ,Eastern Pa and a thumping for CT,Mass, RI, up to 6inches.

11. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

i can't believe it, its 60 in NJ right now.

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

32 here and snowing

13. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen 2 updated forecasts like this one but can't find the link to the other. This was DEC 8 and the other one was a bit later...FWIW
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/accuweathercom-20112012-winter-1/58451

I know hardly anything about forecasting but most articles have said the "wild card" to this winter will be if the AO Arctic Oscillation starts to turn from positve to negative...if that happens then snowy weather could be here

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  14. performanceplus

performanceplus Senior Member

I don't see us in CT getting anything from this. Everyone around here says its a complete miss.

15. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Well JB just posted a small hint that the forecast models are trending West and a Phase of the two jets looks good for his week-end storm.How does one man out of thousands of meterologist see this stuff while everyone else says that guy is nuts? He says game is on!

16. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

I think he is looking at the models from last year-what a kook

17. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

JB just posted at 7am and NO STORM! Better climb in that hole and cover yourself up.