1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I am not having any problems!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Pearcelawn, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Just thought I would start a thread that is on the good side for once!!

I have the 22 series with down pressure. It works very well with my truck and I am having no issues with it whatsoever!!

Thanks a bunch Sno Way for the great product and the peace of mind it brings knowing I can go get the job done right!!

Any one else want to testify?:nod:

:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Better knock on wood!

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

uhhhhhhh ok?

4. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

What's not to understand here? I have a good product that works as advertised and wanted to say so. It doesn't have to be bad to put it on the site.

Any questions, just ask and I will be happy to clear them up for ya!!:D:D

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

what ever happened to the mysterious remote operating on its own?

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Im happy for you! My opinion on the snow way is that they are cheap looking and wouldn't take the abuse of heavy plowing, at least the lexan/poly type ones that is. I have never personally seen the stainless ones.

7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here are a few reasons that people like our snowplows.

FIVE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
    Longest lasting plows in the industry.

Down Pressure™
    Increases efficiency 30%. Maximizes down force.

Down Force Back-Dragging
    Reduces plowing time per job.

Wireless Controls
    No hole in firewall. Mount anywhere without damaging dash.

Direct Linkage System - No Chain Slap
    Eliminates "chain slap". Reduces wear. Increases stacking height.

High Strength Low Drag Polycarbonate Moldboard
    Rolls snow better to get job done quicker.

Positive Locking Cylinder Clamp - Safe Travel
    Safe for traveling between jobs.

Hydraulic Assist Plow Mount System
    Easy to mount.

Fast Hydraulics - SMO1 Fully Adjustable
    Fast, easy to maintain, economical & long lasting.

Highest Stacking Capability
    Put snow where you want it.

Widest Range of Product Offering (S-10 - F550)
    Sno-Way products are made to fit more trucks than any other company.

Commercial Grade Plows for Small Trucks
    Use your smaller truck to make more money.

Flex Force Frame Construction
    Super durable & interchangable moldboards.

Interchangeable Moldboards
    Steel, polycarbonate or stainless steel available.

ISO 9002 Certified & CE Certified Manufacturing
    Products are built efficiently & with close tolerances to last longer.

Closest Tolerance Robotic Manufacturing
    Allows for stronger structures & better durability.

Most Usage of High Strength Steel
    Stronger blades and less wear and tear on the truck and driver.

Lowest Warranty Occurance
    Sno-Way plows are there when you need them.

Most Aggressive R&D
    Designed to last & we know where the breaking points are.

Strongest "V" Plow - Twin Pivot Tower
    Strongest design & reduced damage potential.

"V" Plows that Follow Road Contour
    Adjust for going up & down driveways & other types of grade changes.

"V" Plow Wing - Independent Shock Protection
    Stronger.

"V" Plows that Trip in ANY Position
    Better cleaning & increases efficiency.

Maximum Snow Triple Roll "V" Plow
    Moves more snow.

If you haven't really looked at our products, maybe you owe it to yourself to do so. :waving:

8. larry newman

larry newman Member

3 shifts with this storm, 24 hrs + cleanup, stacking higher than the Jeep, and no problems !

Must have had something to do with brightening and greasing every connector I could find. The $12 kit of 5 little wire brushes that my dealer had paid for itself a few hundred times over. [I bought a used 18" plow that was never serviced]

No problems with the new poly skin [ 1/8 x 79-1/4 x 14-1/4"]

Even plowed a few short streets that the city couldn't get to... sort of a tradeoff for being sloppy with the snow...these are narrow streets, with cars on both sides. No suburbs here...all city - put it where you can, and get on to the next one... ;)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  9. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Long time no talk!! The problem was he wi fi in the tavern next door to the property I was plowing. Same freq. Got a new controller, problem solved. Sno Way dealer backed me up by trading my controller for a new one (wired now) Not a problem with the plow though.

Hope you are doing good this year!! Stay safe!!

10. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Luckily I do not base my purchases on the way something looks and I am pretty sure that 99.5% of the other guys here do things that way too.

I have had 2 other plows during the time I have spent in my business. 11 years now. They have both worked very well (Fisher and Meyers) and I have nothing bad to say about them. I bought a smaller truck as a backup for the business and as a personal truck. The 84 Chevy that I had (which I love to drive and work on) finally started to nickel and dime me to death, I had to send it packing.

Long story short, gas prices were up there so I decided to put the 01 Ranger on the front lines for a year to save up a bigger down payment on a larger truck. It has the 4.0 six in it and it was awesome pulling my lawn trailer full of equipment. I am a solo so there was just one full size ztr, one small ztr, and the 21" on it.

Winter rolls around and with gas being what it was I decided to equip it with a plow. Obviously weight was an issue. Doing the research got me to try the Sno Way with the poly blade. I do the same 65 drives and two lots that I did with the bigger truck and steel plow and have had the same success. I have hit my fair share of curbs and other things with no damage to the plow. maybe being solo with only 1 piece of equipment to rely on makes me more careful, i don't know but I have had this plow for two years and would have no reason to trade back to another brand or blade set up.

I like it and it does the job it was intended to. Poly blade and all. I have seen many more around this area this year too so something is catching on.

Good luck to you this year!! Stay safe!!:D

11. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I had a Snoway ST on a Toyota 4Runner for 5 years........it was a great driveway machine....and I never had any problems with it..... I now have a 29 on a Dodge 2500......plowed commercial and residential last year and I did put a hole in my mold board....it was my fault I abused it......no big deal..... IT happens. I replaced it with a Stainless insert..... I have now plowed 3 events this year (a total of 45-50 hours actual plowing) with no problems......

I love my Snoway, its a great plow......and that is based on buying and using 2, not just looking at them.....

Oh and my wings are ordered...............they can't get here soon enough

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I Have 3 Sno-Ways and plow commercialy. They are just as good as any other plow out there. Proper maintenence is the key. I have had Western and Meyers and Sno-Way is far better IMO. Lighter,Better stacking and Long Lasting. Parts are on the pricey side tho. If you want to bash something....Try your head against the wall. This thread was started to hear good stories...not bashing.....:confused:

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks Hydro :D

14. larry newman

larry newman Member

...Seeing quite a few around Buffalo, too.

15. tinymitymo

tinymitymo Member

I like mine!!!!:nod:

Just wish the dealer was closer......

16. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hmmm...

Nothing CHEAP about my SnoWay...In fact, if you really look closely, it is so well built that it looks like a work of art...I have posted before that people just stare at it, and it's true. My opinion is that it's the nicest "looking" plow out there...it's other features and capabilities speak for themselves when you USE ONE...by the way I wash it after every use to keep it looking great and I fluid film all the metal parts that are subject to wear and exposure to save future potential problems with rust...come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen a rusty SnoWay...!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  17. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

I couldn't believe what a difference the down pressure made. Excellent product. I love my 29T.

18. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Now that's what I'm talkin' about...

I knew there was a bunch of positive stuff out there to say!!:bluebounc

Keep it coming and let the haters envy us some more!!:D:D

19. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

My snoway is a 7'6" MT that I ran for 2 years on my 94 S-10 Blazer - and now 2 years on my 2005 Jeep Wrangler. I only do 12 driveways (friends neighbors and relatives, dont make one dime) but - with the occasional "oh please sir my guy didnt show up" parking lot. Other then change the fluid each spring - the plow not given me a lick of trouble. Because I am not a commercial plower - it sits a lot - and all the solenoids and valves just work - every time. I did initially have a wierd problem where the wireless remote would quit. I finally figured out that the plastic battery box in the remote had some extra "plastic" from the mold. When the remote would heat up in my hand, the plastic would expand, and push one of the battery contacts apart..... A little exacto knife - and has been fine for 3+ years....

It is simply awesome. Its even the older 3 pin mount - but still takes me all of 3 minutes to mount it, one minute to remove.....

I even had some dealer problems (my dealer is no longer a sno-way dealer interestingly enough) - and Snoway found me a dealer that came 40 miles to get me some parts I ordered - the new mount for my Jeep and a poly scraper (awesome advice from Basher).

I do have to admit - if my only "snoway" experience was my dealer that was by my house - I would not be happy. But with this site and great sno-way employees like Tom Brewer and Andy Maas - and snoway experts like Basher contributing here - that makes ALL the difference. i dont hesitate to brag about my snoway.... I STILL havent taken pics with the lift and 32" tires..... these are the first year when it was showroom stock.

BTW - I pretty much plow in 2WD with the mud tires installed. :)

[​IMG]

20. bigdan

bigdan Junior Member

I think a post I made earlier may have been part of the reason for this thread. I had some electrical issues with my snowway I did not have the ability to fix.

I bought my plow used. In a perfect world, It would have worked flawlessly from the start. It did not.

I will say that within an hour of emailing snowway with my problem, Steve from the tech service dept called. He sent me to my garage armed with some simple tools and a volt light. Within 20 minutes the problem was diagnosed. The plow is running great now.

In my job I deal with many suppliers, often companies that trade on NYSE. I do not recall ever having customer service as good as snowways.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Dan