1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I am new to plowsite.com

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by apik1, Mar 25, 2007.

1. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Hello,

My name is Eric and I am new to the site but not plowing. I am 26 years old and live near Buffalo, NY. I have 6 trucks 2, 1998 chevy 2500's with 7.5 meyers, 3, 2007 f 250 with western VEE's, 2 have drift busters, and the othere has a 3 yard salter, and a 96 F 250 with a western 8'. I have been plowing for about five years, and I do mostly commerical now. I personaly don't plow any more because I was in a nasty car accident in October, but I have a great crew. I am pretty good with hydraulics, and I am a good welder, fabricator, and machineist but a crappy speller.

Eric

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

cool man welcome, post some pics of the fleet.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, welcome aboard! And lets see those pics!:redbounce

4. smitty3903

smitty3903 Junior Member

welcome

Welcome must of been a good year for you up there. Crap for snow down this way

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You'll find out there's a lot of us from around Buffalo.:waving:

6. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

hey gang...also new to the site, and find it awesome !

not new to plowing, got 22 years under the belt in a town plow truck

hopefully gonna have some pics of our fleet up soon

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome WingPlow :waving: I think you'll find a lot of good guys and good info here and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome guys. :waving:
    This site is great. There is alot of knowledgeable guys on here. You can get alot of good info.

9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

thanks for the warm welcome !
    i cant beleive after all the years on the internet i finally found a site that caters to my "sickness" lol

10. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Welcome

Sickness! Sickness! Wait till it snows and these guys get wound-up!! LOL Hippy

11. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

lol...i hear ya there, course i get just as wound up for a storm now as i did when i started

12. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Welcome fellow Buffalonian. Sorry to hear about accident.

13. CAP

CAP Junior Member

New to Plow Site

Hi everyone. My first time on a message board. Looks like a good one! I' been plowing off and on for 25 years, right now just my own driveway. I have a 1986 Chevy K1500 with a Meyers plow that looks as old as the truck. Any one know how to identify these to get parts? :dizzy:

14. TEX

TEX Senior Member

welcome to PS and it sounds like you have a pretty good thing going

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to Plowsite CAP, if you post a pic or two of your setup, there's a few guys on here that can identify it for you by sight ;). Being a mid 80's Meyer setup though, I bet you have an old ST-78 or ST-90 with an E47 pump as these were very very common in that era.

16. CAP

CAP Junior Member

Thanks B&B. I checked on the internet and it looks like you are right, it looks like an E47 pump. That was the biggest problem, I have leaks and the plow sometimes goes up sometimes not, sometimes goes down, sometimes not.I figure some seals and gaskets with a good clean up should help. I don't want to get to deep into it, it's only two way and kind of old. Again thank you!