1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I am considering adding a

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gd8boltman, Aug 26, 2009.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

truck mounted snow blower to my inventory. I have only been able to find them available through Hanson and they are around $10K. I need a blower for some residentials and a two small commercials I do, and to buy another skid loader or tractor to mount a blower does not make sense right now. Does anyone have any feedback or advise on these truck mounted blowers? Any input is appreciated.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Do a search.....this has been discussed many time before.
  3. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thanks Hydro, I did a search

and was wondering if there was any additional opinions since the last threads.
  4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I think they are rare and expensive. But would love to have one. It would be great to do a parking lot and only touch the snow once with a blower instead of 10 or 20 times with a blade pushing it every time.

Have you checked on gettting a dedicated snow blower machine? I have seen then for $5k and up. 4x4 truck, some have 4x4 steering, with a blower that has its own engine. You can find youtube video of them all over. Down side would be that you would have to know how to fix it your self if it broke.

I have thought about one for snow removal after it was pilled in a parking lot. Bill it out by the hour to blow the snow into a field, woods or into a larger pile. Could replace hauling it away in Some instances.
  5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thought about a dedicated machine

, but the flexibility of a pick-up truck mounted unit will work better for me at this time. I have decided that I am going to order the new Hanson model, I appreciate the feedback.

6. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Post pics and video when you get it and use it. You should enjoy it.