1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I almost orderd a Boss V-plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by jimchris, Nov 14, 2007.

1. jimchris

jimchris Member

I'm a new member as of today. I was going to order a Boss-v plow and then found this site so I started reading all the post on the Boss-V. The owners all loved their plows but they wished it was a trip edge, had 2 way locking cylnders, and was poly. All these were standard on the Hiniker so I ordered it today.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

TRADER!!!!

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

:angry: and i dont think he uses fluid film either grandview LYNCH HIM!!!!!:realmad:

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

BAN HIM!!!!

Next thing he'll say he drives a Dodge!:D

You can stay if you change your ways or it you contribute to the "There once was a ..." thread!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  5. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Your going to regret that decision in a few years

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Come on guys, be nice. If it wasn't for the other makes, what would we make fun of.
    Good luck with the Hiniker.

7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have ran nothing but Hiniker plows for 8 years now. NONE have had problems with the exception of one mount that broke last year.
    Why is he going to regret that decision? There made by a farm equipment company and there in my opinion built just as good or better then a Boss or Western plow.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We're all joking, he started it with the name of the thread. Farmer Jim was trying to get a rise out of us. LOL

9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

so i plowed dirt with my fisher isnt that kind of like farm equipment?

10. jimchris

jimchris Member

I do drive a Dodge. I've owned Ford, Chevy and Dodge all diesels and their all good trucks but none of them could get close ti the mileage the Dodge is getting.

11. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Sorry i didnt know this was a serious post:nono: i dont care what you run they all brake :cry: just need someone to rip on.

Good luck with your new plow :D

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sorry to hear about the trip edge:D
    Give me a full trip.

What model if Hiniker did you get.

Our hiniker has been a good plow for us.
    The Boss V is still my favorite.

13. jimchris

jimchris Member

Model 9850, after reading many post on V-plows it sounds like they won't trip in the V or scoop position very easy and the locking cylinders are a pricey up grade on the Boss and standard this year on the Hiniker. I also think the black poly looks good.

14. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

It's one thing to use another plow, it's another to use an inferior corrosion preventive and lubricant! :eek:

Somebody get the rope!!! :angry:

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nothing wrong with that plow...
    I like the looks of the black poly too.

I think Boss gets a bad rap mostly from the competing dealers.
    A boss V plow will trip in all positions gust like any other v plow does.
    But that is water under the bridge...

Good luck with your Hiniker.
    The only thing you might want to keep an eye on is the pivot bolt it needs to be checked for tightness after a few uses. at least I needed to apply some lock tight to mine to keep it from loosening back up.

16. jimchris

jimchris Member

Thanks for the heads up on FF, I will go to JD and get a can today.

17. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Hey, I like this guy! :nod:

I was just kidding about the rope. :drinkup:

18. ernest

ernest Member

I just ordered a Hiniker Cplow & can't wait to try it out. They are suppose to be a great plow .

19. jimchris

jimchris Member

I almost ordered a C but my drive can get some very big drifts so I thought the V would be best for me. They told me it would take 3 wks to get my plow. I told the dealer that would be fine but he has to keep my farms plowed out until the plow gets put on, after a long pause he said ok.

20. jimchris

jimchris Member

V-plow came in 3 wks just as dealer said but the mount is back ordered. They didn't figure this out until the plow was all put together and the wiring was on the truck and looked around and seen there were no more parts. If mount is not in here in a wk I am going to have them remove the wiring and I will buy a different brand. I'm not real happy, oh yeh theres a chance of snow for the next 5 days.