1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hyudai HL740 Loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by forestfireguy, Aug 17, 2010.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone run one of these loaders? We are in the market for a machine this size. I've been looking for a used 444 deere, and keep coming across these hyundais, wondering what the deal is with quality, parts etc etc.........Thoughts??? I've also considered Volvo, but price wise, and dealer proximity keep me from Volvo, Deere/Hyundai are sold at the same relatively local dealer...........

2. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

We tried one for awhile they seem to run ok, common parts cummins and zf tranny I personally thought it felt light and unstable next to a cat or deere but it will push snow. It would have to be alot less than cat deere or even case for me to buy one, I doubt the resale value would be to good. But I dont think they are a bad machine.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Snowlord-

Thanks for the info. I am not too concerned about resale. This machine will go the route of our 80 something 310 Deere, she's still running and loading mulch, and grass clippings at out maintenance yard. The savings between the Hyundai and a Deere or CAT(which we'll never buy again) is HUGE. Well over 25K in savings for comp size/yr/. And as you said mostly common components, engine/trans being the most crucial, I have a dealer a bit over an hour from the shop, or 20 mins from my house, so it's tempting............We'll see where this goes........