1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hyrdro fluid swap??

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Jan 9, 2010.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

What can I change the fluid too. Right now fluid is 6 bucks a quart. I wouldn't mind paying this except for I have a leaking cylinder and would rather just keep adding rather than tear into in the middle of winter. Thanks for any help.

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If you want cheap fluid, use ATF. Guys have used it for just about ever.

3. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

Lucky... Meyers is 13/quart!

ditto mark tho, ATF seems to be widely used. I don't know if they should be mixed tho, I mixed western and Meyers and it made a hell of a mess of things.

What's wrong with it, and why not fix it?

4. firelwn82

The right angle ram cylinder is leaking due to the piston being pitted. A new Cylinder is going to be pricey I'm sure. I always go through my winter equipment at the end of the season to prepare for the next. I know I'm backwards but o well.... lol

5. atclarkson

atclarkson Member

Right on, I don't know if you have princess auto or harbor freight down your hay, but they carry aftermarket rams that will fit most plows, and usually about half the price of OEM

6. firelwn82

I never thought about that. But these rams are heavy and I want it to stay that way. It's an 810 Blizzard power plow. A tank but pricey to repair. Wouldn't trade it for anything no matter what though.

7. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Angle ram for 810 is about $150.00. Blizzard had a problem with the chrome pitting, new ones from Douglas Dynamics supposedly have this problem fixed.

8. firelwn82

Is that a complete ram? Un bolt and bolt back on or just a repair kit. Seal and new piston?