1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sdplowing, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

I want to get an idea of where my pricing is. We average around 70"-80" per year. So a 1acre lot that's $155 per push I would be at $3875 for the season on place that's open regular business hours. For salt I have a price of $4500 using bagged and a tailgate spreader. I'm basing my price on 25 pushes and 20 applications. I know price varies from place to place, but does this sound logical:confused: Any input appreciated:drinkup:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I base mine on 25 also for seasonal ,you could round it up and go from there. As for salting you could bill them each time and not seasonal. Can you go bulk for salt?

3. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

I would rather bill for each app., but alot of the bid sheets I've seen want a price for the season. BTW, GV I'm sure you use Fluid Film to undercoat your truck, how do you apply it? I want to stop the New England car cancer forming on my truck.:cry:

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well you could bid extra times for salt just in case or maybe bid it a little higher for the same reason .

JD is the expert on the FFing of the trucks.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When I work out my seasonal prices I have twice as many saltings as plows. We have to salt after every plow and then all the saltings for less then 1" of snow, freezing rain and refreeze. I am not sure you can have less saltings then plows.

6. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

If I have a 12" storm and I push it 3 times, am I going to salt each time?

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe not, but when it starts snowing here I might have to salt before and after and if we are running tight or real busy I might salt after a push if I know I might not get back for a few hours. I keep very good records on plows to salts and I am 2 to 1 almost every year. Not last year but we plowed 30 times and salted 51.

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i confer with cet i salt 2+ times for every push

9. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

cet, thanks for the info.:drinkup: That gives me some more to think about. Anybody else have any numbers on plowings to saltings? This would be my first year salting so I don't have any records to go by.