1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hypertech??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snoluvr, Sep 16, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Anyone used the hypertech programmers on there trucks? I have an '03 250 super duty and thinking about buying one. I have the K&n and gibson exhaust but the truck still feels like it needs a little kick.

2. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a hypertech, for my 02 P/S, world of difference :)

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I only have the 5.4 liter. Did not have the money to go diesel. Anyone think the power programmers work good on a gas engine??? feels sluggish, and with the plow and sander forget it..

4. wls

wls Senior Member

I had a 4.6, 1999, f-150. I put cat back, fipk, superchip. I did'nt see any diff, with the superchip, oh ya thinner wallet, premium gas. :)

5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Been thinking about tunning my 03 V10 with a superchip controller, box only says 10% better fuel economy. I got to thinking 15 mile to gallon * 10% that is only 1.5 mile to gallon = 16.5 miles to gallon total. That would take a while to pay for itself. I pull trailers a lot and my fuel mileage decreases to around 10 mpg. Therefore it would only give me about 1 mpg more. I don't know if it is worth it. I think I already have plenty of power so I didn't buy one. Just my opinion. :waving: BOAST

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

So let's take away the better shifting, better pulling torque and more responsive throttle from the super chip and I'll be happy...LOL

I've run the hypertech, superchip chip and micro tuner, Bully dog and Van Aiken units on my 2000 V10

Currently running the Super chip micro tuner,
    Mileage went from 11.6 to 14.6 on the highway, Better shifting up and down, better throttle response. Oh yah don't run the premium, run 89 or 91 oct. with 93 oct it goes to 15.5+ on the highway.

Bully dog and Van Aiken units are the way to go on the Diesels but the Super Chip works fine on the gassers for less $$. Hyper tech's work but almost the same money for the Super Chip and Better overall from our tests.

Just my .02

Jerre