1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hypertech programmer

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NorthernPlowman, Nov 11, 2010.

1. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

I have a programmer for gm pick up with 4.8 5.3 and 6.0. It's a Hypertech brand. I'm not sure what years it will cover exactly I had it in my 99 Sierra 5.3. It's part # 30005 Helps improve performance, fuel consumption, allows you to fine tune your trans shift points for firmer or softer shifts, calibrate your speedo for bigger tires and more. I gave like $300 bucks for it couple years ago. Asking $100 shipped. Thanks

2. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

Programmer?

Chad,
    I will check and see if iits compatible with my 03 Yukon,5.3?Ifso,I will take it!
    THANKS!
    Greg
    231 690 5075

Chad,
    That # DONT JIVE with anything I can Find on Hypertechs Website?It should be a 32000 or 33000?LMN?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

damn, why couldnt this be for a 7.4!

4. upsdrivr1

upsdrivr1 Junior Member

MMD! It is the same part number for the 99 GMC 5.3 as the 97 GMC K2500 with the 7.4 that you have! Part number 32000.... The part number on the box he has must be an old number that has been replaced by the 32000 part number. $100 for that programmer is a steal!

5. M & MD Lawn

I freakn now, howd you check?

6. M & MD Lawn

I just checked on hypertechs website, its showing no 5.3, it shows 5.0 and 5.7 but I do believe it will fit my truck 7.4, because like upsdrivr1 said its showing the same number. If BBchevy doesn't get it (since he posted first), I WILL!! bank on it!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  7. upsdrivr1

upsdrivr1 Junior Member

I just went to Hypertechs website and looked up the 99 GMC he had it on, and then looked up a 97 GMC K2500 with a 7.4 and they are the same number. BUT... His being the original version, I don't think it supports the 7.4 on that old part number. The new updated version part number 32000 does though. So, now I don't think it will work on your 97. Sorry, but just my opinion.....

8. M & MD Lawn

I was wondering that also, I could always email.

9. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Sorry guys my internet has been down since thursday! I'm not sure it'll fit the 7.4 or not. Guess you could buy it and see if not you could surely relist it here and get your money back lol

10. M & MD Lawn

I am going to email hypertech and see, i think thats the only way i can confirm

11. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Ok, Greg I tried calling you last night. M & M Sounds good just call me. My internet has been jacked up for a couple days. 815-508-9893 first one to call gets it! Thanks Chad

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  12. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

You Called Me??My Phne has NO V/Mails from you or missed calls?
    I have Called Hypertech(3-Times) also emailed them,NOTHING,Do I need 1?YES!
    Do I want something that dont Fit,NOPE!Got Plenty of that already!
    Go ahead and Sell it,to the Other Guy.I Fully Understand.
    But,Seems I have Phone Issues,cause I had 3 Guys that were suppose to Buy Plows from me,Never Got any Phone responce from Them either?
    Guess this Altel Phone is Not doing the Job?................
    THANKS!
    Greg

13. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

It must not be working Greg. It didn't ever go to voicemail just rang and rang. I also sent you a text incase you didn't pick up because you didn't know the number.

Still up for sale!

14. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

Still available....

15. BBChevy

BBChevy Junior Member

cHAD,
    i'M still WAITING FOR A rESPONCE FROM hYPERTECH?Sure HOPE I NEVER have a Problem that I Need some Help rite away with.................?If I could get them to say Yes Its a Usable Unit for My application,I would purchase it in a minute!But...........?
    THANKS!
    Greg