1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydrylic Plow Vs Pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by tbone, Feb 26, 2006.

1. tbone

tbone Member

I Am Bying A Volvo Bl70 100hp Machine And Was Wondering What Is Better To Push Snow A 14 Ft Pusher Or A Hydrylic Plow.
  2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

depends what you are doing with it. If you are in large open lots go with the pusher. But plan on using a pickup to clean up around loading docks o r in other tight areas. With the power angle you can do all that but wont hold the snow as well in a long open push.
  3. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

For us the hyd. angle plow works better but it probably depends on your accounts. There are only two places I can't do on our big account, both of them have to be done with the skid. I went with the blade because alot of times I can run around when its snowing and plow curb to curb, the entrances, handicap stalls and backdrag the loading dock by myself. The blade can have some maintenance issuses where the pusher is pretty simple. My .02 after plowing with the blade I will always stick with thw blade. Hope that helps.