1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydrolic speed difference between a 810 vs. 8611LP

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JUSTBE, Dec 23, 2008.

1. JUSTBE

JUSTBE Member

I am looking to add a 8611LP to my fleet; however, I have heard that the hydrolics on the 8611 is a lot slower response than the 810. Does anyone have have both units and can compare their preferences between the two blades? I already know the physical spec's, but I am looking for peoples personal opinion. Or is there a "fix" for the slow hydrolics on the 8611?

Thanks.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I think they are the same pump.... The 810's aren't exactly speedy, but I can imagine with the same pump the bigger plow would be slower. Upgrade the pump to the full size 8611 pump and you'll get faster responce.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Newer 8611 and 8611LP use the same pump. Speed difference is the larger angle and lift cyls.

J

4. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

My dealer metioned to me how the 810 was definately quicker than the lp as he switches out depending on what he has on hand.

5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Running both and what Jerre said.

I did upgrade the pump in the 1st run LP to a 8611 pump to match the newer LP. Where you will see some improved reaction times, is when you put a 8611 pump on an 810. Then thing move alittle faster but FWIW nothing that would make you want to spend the money just because have done it as part of a replacement of failed parts.

I hate to say speed as no Blizzard plow is as fast as a Western, Fisher, or whatever, IN OPERATION SPEED THAT IS, but as Jerre metioned about Cyclinder size just look as the angle/lift rams on them other plows.

In my experience with running the LP's in the larger lots out in front of dump trucks you are not really looking to break landspeed records you are looking for consistant production times throuhout a wide spread of snowfalls. This is what I see as a added benifit out of the 8611LP.

Man can you move some snow when you are using a F-350/810 to feed piles to a F-550/8611LP. Sure does make fast work of it.

Ron G.

6. Jerre Heyer

On the older 810/8611's that run the Fenner pump and motor there is a HUGE upgrade but you have to do the pump AND motor and upgrade the power and ground wire as a complete upgrade. Most guys here do it when they fry a motor as it's the most expensive part of the equation.

The 8611LP's that are running the RED manifold are markedly slower but there aren't a whole bunch of them out there ( couple of hundred ). The BLACK manifold has larger porting and flows much better improving speed.

The new Black motors with a Power and Ground upgrade move much better than with the stock harness alone.

If you want to see the difference in smaller to larger cyls just find someone with an XLS or Wideout and push some wet snow together and try to angle a full blade of snow.

J

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't thing that you could get any slower then the 810......:dizzy:

8. Jerre Heyer

I'll send ya a 1.6cc pump for an8611 full size