1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydrolic leak

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dfdsuperduty, Nov 17, 2007.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Ok I guess you can say I am still new to the snow industry with this being my 5th season plowing using my own equipment. However I am still a virgin when it comes to the blizzard plow since I bought mine used in december of last year and had no real problems with it. However when i went to pull it out of storage this year and lifted the plow i started to loose hydro fluid :angry:I am hoping that it is just a line and not a ram however I have not had to change a line on a blizzard yet let alone on the ram that lifts it any suggestions on the easiest way to get under and change it or can i get to without having to flipwesport the plow on the blade i guess it would help if i told you i have a 760lt any and all help is appreciated:drinkup::help:

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Raise the plow, get out of truck, and take a look at where fluid is coming from, probably just a loose fitting on the lift cylinder. Its not too heavy to flip on its face to have more accessibility to tighten things up.