1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydrolic hose to valve ports? (left feed right)?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rebuilder, Nov 23, 2008.

1. rebuilder

rebuilder Junior Member

Hello
    I have an older MM, maybe 20 years old.
    I was trying to test the system,before I actually put the blade on.
    Is the left valve port for the right cylinder?

Also must the blade be connected to actually do a test.
    It seems like when I raise the main lift cylinder, that one angle cylinder activates?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a MM I'd have to assume its the SEHP pump (mounted out front) unit? If so, then your forward port is your driver side angle ram port..so of course the rear one is the passenger side ram port.

If you want to test the lift operation simply plug the angle ports with a couple 1/4" pipe plugs if you don't have the angle hoses connected.

3. rebuilder

rebuilder Junior Member

Thanks B&B
    I got this from somewhere of this forum
    (Note that the LEFT port typically controls the Right
    cylinder (forcing plow or FrontRunner to angle LEFT), and
    the right port controls the left cylinder.)

When I did what you said,it seems correct.
    I tested the lift and it worked.
    I just wondered if both angle cylinders must be connected to the plow to force fluid from one to the other.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

[QUOTEWhen I did what you said,it seems correct.
    I tested the lift and it worked.
    I just wondered if both angle cylinders must be connected to the plow to force fluid from one to the other.[/QUOTE]

Yes,

Without both hoses connected and a bumped the wrong way on the controller you will just end up blowing fluid every where.

The system works in a manner where when you ask the blade to angle (say to the left) it opens a valve routing fluid to the right cylinder and also opens up the system to allow the fluid from the left cylinder to return to the tank.

5. rebuilder

rebuilder Junior Member

Thanks Crash935
    I did take your advice and just put them on and it worked.
    Just needed something to bump up agents (so to speak)

Wow I made it.
    It was a race to find a used plow,mount it and then hook up lights from old wiring to new lights.

Then I found out my brakes,emergency brake,one wheel cylinder,one rear drum, and the big kicker two sets of spring brackets along with frame welding. Oh yes and a new left fender,drivers door and some bondo behind that door on the bed.
    While under the ol girl, I gave her a lift with some extra leaf spring.
    I am tired.
    Thanks for the help guys