1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydrolic fluid?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chip, Mar 4, 2001.

1. Chip

Chip Member

Does anyone know if all fluids are the same for all plow pumps? I need to add a few ounces to my pump and the only thing the local automotive store had was Myers M-1. I have a Northman plow. I tried the Northman web site but couldn't find anything. The place where I bought my plow doesn't open until monday morning, by that time we could have significant snow on the ground.

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Chip, is there a way to see what color the fluid in there now is? Might help. If it's red, it's most likely ATF. Blue, most likely Meyer. Clear, most likely hydraulic oil.

~Chuck

3. Chip

Chip Member

I checked the residue in the old quart of Northman and it is definately blue. Do you think Myers would then be compatible with Northman. I had sticker shock when I bought this quart it was $10 the most expensive quart of oil I ever bought.

4. cheyenne c/k

cheyenne c/k Junior Member

fluid

Chip you can use the meyers fluid but it
    runs slower then the northman fluid. Your better off using
    ATF. Heres northmans
    800# 1-800-624-0138 costs $6