1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro-Terra De-ice System

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SLC1, Jan 18, 2002.

1. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

I am looking at buying the hydro-terra de-ice batch plant and truck sprayer unit. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of how good these units work. I like the idea of being able to make my own liquid deicer out of rock salt or other products. If any one knows anything about these units let me know, because I am seriously thinking about getting a system soon. Thankyou for all your help.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

is it actually a brine mixer ?
  3. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Are you looking at a system that makes salt brine from rock salt and water? If so.....I'd seriously consider using Ice B' Gone/Magic for anti-icing and treating your salt. Salt brine is very corrosive and is good to about 20 degrees. Contact John Parker at Taconic Maintenance #845-485-4200 for more details.