1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydro leak

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TPC Services, Feb 5, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

found a damp spot of hydro on the concrete and bottom of the pump and valve cover saterday, was wounder do I have to have the blade on the truck and down to remove the pin for the lift clyd off to get the cover off so I can see if the pump or valve is leaking or can i do it with out it hook up to the truck? looked under the cover at the plug it is not leaking ?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

While you don't HAVE to have the plow on the truck to pull the pin,it does make it easier as when it's on the truck, it will hold the lift tower in place when you remove the pin.

3. TPC Services

Thanks I was not thinking about that, that would help alot would'nt it, the place I live I buying on contract so the guy has a lot of s--- in the garage 30x30 And i only have room for the blade and a few smaller things so I thought since there's a heater in there I could tear in to it might wieght in tell it gets a little warmer and do it with it hooked up with the truck..

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is this a new plow or has the fluid been changed lately??

I would bet it is over full..

5. TPC Services

Its a year old was hardly use last year but still blew a line and but about half a quart in it but it need not leak at all untell I put it a way 2 weeks ago

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Re-cheak the fittings on the hose you replaced.

You added fluid to top off the reservoir after you blew the hose?

Then when the plow was stored the head gear was forward allowing the little extra you put in the tank to leak out the filler cap witch is also a vent.