1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro hose thread sealant

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bry@n, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

What kind should I use? Is it just like pipe dope or anti seize?

Installing smartlocks and need to know.

Thanks

2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I use some stuff called gasoila, it's like pipe dope, but rated for gas and oil.

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Depending on the application I have two types. One is made by Permatex it is Teflon based and is in a white soft plastic tube, you squeeze it out like toothpaste & it looks similar to bath tub caulk. I use it for all general thread sealing up to 5000psi. The other is made by Locktite and comes in the typical Locktite thread locker bottle. This thread sealer is rated for much higher psi then the other stuff and I don't believe it is Teflon based. I think the Permatex stuff will work just fine for what you are doing.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I use the Permatex stuff on new plows during assembly,work's good but it's a bear to get out of clothing!