1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro-Fluid?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SnowMP, Jan 10, 2008.

1. SnowMP

SnowMP Junior Member

I just bought a MM2 (Used) and I haven't used it yet. Mainly because I'm still waiting for the light harness I need. I installed the pusher plates, isolation module, solenoid and everything else. I pulled every pin, wire wheeled it and greased them all before returning them to their rightful place.Even welded up a nice custom mount for the controls in the cab.(I'll post pics when I've got everything up and running).
    After spending all this time on the plow, I don't want to get the left and right harness installed and then find out I should have done some other things also. Like drain and replace the hydrolic fluid or anything else.

Is there anything I should do that I'm not aware of?
    Any help would be much appreciated.:nod:

2. SnowMP

SnowMP Junior Member

Thanks everybody:realmad:

3. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

i would change the fluid and carry spare fluid and parts when plowing. good luck with your new plow

4. SnowMP

SnowMP Junior Member

Filter?

What about the filter? Just clean it?
    Thanks for the input.:salute:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  5. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

yeah i think thats all you need to do.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your on the right track as far as preventative maintenance there Snow...

Do a fluid change and clean the pick up filter, wipe out the inside of the reservoir good too.

Check all the weld and bolts over for any damage/cracks or looseness..

Inspect the hoses for chafing or cracks.

Clean, grease and tighten all the electrical connections on the plow side.

7. SnowMP

SnowMP Junior Member

Good to go!

Thanks guys,

Everythings up and running good! Had to buy a new solenoid because one of the posts stripped. It was the older brass style posts. I took apart the resevoir and cleaned the inside out along with the magnet and filter. Actually the filter didn't even look like it had a spec on it. I wire brushed the resevoir in the little areas where it had rust and primed and painted it. Drained all of the rams then cleaned the o-ring before I replaced the resevoir. Refilled a few times and vwalla! We are getting a dig-cam so I can up-grade my signature with truck pics soon. Next is to weld up ballast and back drag blade.;)

Thanks again for the input:drinkup: