1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydro fluid

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vtecricer71, Nov 30, 2006.

1. vtecricer71

vtecricer71 Junior Member
    from ohio

is there a specfic hydro fluid i need to use in my MT plow? thanks
  2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Sno way has there own fluid I would recommend using there fluid it has never let me down.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

We use a type 5606 hydraulic fluid in our snowplows. This is readily available through any authorized Sno-Way dealer. It is designed for low temp and contains anti-foaming agents. If you were to put some other type of fluid in it make sure that you completely drain and flush the system including the cylinders as many types of fluid are not compatible with each other. Make sure to stay away from any synthetic type oils as it will damage the seals and o-rings.
  4. hotvet67

hotvet67 Junior Member

-50 Plow Oil Meyer Western Fisher Sno - Way

Heres plow oil from S. A. M. snowplow aftermarket manufacturing part # 1307005....4.79 qt. made in mentor , OH.
    Replaces meyer , western , fisher , sno - way
    Blue -50 degree
    Used it on my western 7.5 ultra mount....took almost 2 quarts including the rams.
    Was using meyer blue -70 at over 6.00 a quart
  5. ellenbill

ellenbill Junior Member

snowway oil

why would I buy snoway fluid when the dealer in Edmonton Alberta quoted me $24.00 a quart. They were told where to keep it.:gunsfiring:
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's a joke, that fluid should be in the neighborhood of 10 your money.

Use meyer fluid if it's available at a reasonable price, better then the blue stuff.