1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro fittings for angle not the same, can I just install new ones?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KCPlowzer, Nov 5, 2010.

1. KCPlowzer

KCPlowzer Junior Member

My Western conventional cable plow has mismatched angle hydro fittings. I'm off to Oreillys to see what they have. Can I just unscrew the fittings and put new ones on that match? Does the hydro system need bleeding after that?

Also curious about topping off the hydro fluid. There's four phillips heads around the pump motor that the western mechanics guide says are the fill plug for the hydro system. But the guide confuses me. It says not to pour fluid into the pump housing fill because it'll overfill. But the motor phillips nuts are higher up. Can someone double check this info please. Seems weird to pour fluid into what looks like the motor.

Thanks boys.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

switch the fittings so they all match.....just check fluid level after you cycle it a few time
    the fill plug is on top of the pump housinf