1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hydro driven liquid sprayer pump?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by elite1msmith, Jan 21, 2009.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

has anyone ever seen , or heard of a sprayer setup , that is hydrolicly driven .... im no talkign a prewet little pump

im talking 20 gal per min, pump , run off a hydro system of your truck? if not how do you guys think going about it would be? chain drive gear increasing the RPM from the hydro motor to the pump?
  2. turboguy

turboguy Member

Elite, most pump manufacturers make a hydraulically driven version of their pumps. I think you would be much better of going that way than trying to rig something up. Some get a little pricy and some are about the same price as a gas engine and pump. You do need to watch your hydraulic system though and match it to the pump you buy. Some will have different motors on their pump to match your truck hydraulic system. Otherwise you have to bypass hydraulic fluid and that can lead to overheating.
  3. elite1msmith

from chicago

i was tring to look on the net, but was having some problems pulling anything up
  4. turboguy

turboguy Member

Both Ace and Banjo make one. Banjos is up around 2 grand I believe. Ace's is priced a little better. We use the Ace one and I am quite sure Hypro would also have one available but that is just a guess. If it helps you the model we use from Ace is FMC150-HYD-206. That is good for a hydraulic system up to 16 GPM. They have a different model for one above that hydrualic output.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Where you been? I already posted a pic of one. Not sure where anymore, but it's out there somewhere.

Seems like every time you ask a question about a sprayer I have the answer in the back of my truck. :cool:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's how most large sprayers run hydraulicly and that's how we made our prewet system 7 years ago.
  7. Loaderpusher

Loaderpusher Member

We just set our truck up with a hydro pump. It is a pacer pump that i believe will pump up to 150 gpm (of course never go that high). We hooked it right up to the central hydraulics on the truck, so i can control the pressure from in the cab. We have 2- 250 gallons tanks in front of the 4 yard spreader, so we can do either salt or liquid, tested it out and works good. Now it is time to mess around with the controls once it snows.
  8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

9. elite1msmith

from chicago

i know man ,,,, i never paid attention in grade school, i figured i might here :eek:

i must have completely missed when he said that

I have a dump truck that the bed is all gone...rusted holes.... At first we were gonna buy a used dump bed... so i came up with this idea. the bed on this thing is for the most party fine, with no holes, just the normal dents .

but the sides are totally gone, so we are going to cut the sides off... screw in 2x8 and then weld c channel all around and make it a flat bed. We are thinking of spilting the bed in 2 sections, with the front 3-4 feet holding a liquid tank , and the back still being albe to dump into an under tailgate spreader.