1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro dipping

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SullivanSeptic, Nov 2, 2015.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

So I thought I would share a few pics of my summer toy. I recently just got my Jeep hood and grille back from paint and hydro dipping. Pretty sweet. I can't wait to get Jeep finished and out on the trail.

Hood 11.jpg

Hood 22.jpg

Hood 33.jpg

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Thats looking kool, who and where and how much?

3. SullivanSeptic

I knew you'd be the first to respond. Its pretty cheap. Its basically just a bit more then paint. My buddy in New Lenox does it.

http://www.mertzperformance.com/

You can dip anything. I want to get my plow dipped next!

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  5. SullivanSeptic

That's my guy. My grille and hood are on there too. But they can dip anything. I might have some carbon fiber stuff done to the F350.

And he's building a new massive tank for dipping. He does a bunch of snap on tool box drawers for snapon

6. SullivanSeptic

And I might get my rigid lightbars dipped. Just not sure what pattern I want

7. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Is there a book or something that you can pick patterns from or does he only do certain ones?

8. SullivanSeptic

He has a bunch of patterns in stock. But he can order and get anything. He had to order mine. Just Google hydro dipping patterns. A lot of the film is from Europe. HGARTS.com has a lot

9. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Thats pretty cool, I could think of a million things to dip.

10. SullivanSeptic

He was gonna do a few pumpkins for me for Halloween, but ran out of time.

Thinking of doing my jeep shocks and new aluminum inner fender liners, but not sure. Don't want to over do it on a vehicle I take rock crawling and thru the mud

11. snowish10

How long did he say it usually lasts?

12. SullivanSeptic

Lasts for ever. It's the same as paint. It's just another step in the painting process. It gets clear coated over like a normal paint job

13. SullivanSeptic

There is a US Constitution graphic with "We The People" on it. I want AR15 dipped in that or a vintage looking American flag

14. snowish10

Hmmmm I feeling some custom interior red hydro dipping in the future! screw the stock look

15. SullivanSeptic

He can dip the entire interior. Check out the youtube of him. He dips my grille and a bunch of motorcycle dashs.

https://youtu.be/_brLiJPGbbE

16. snowish10

If you dont mind me asking, how much did he charge you for that?

17. SullivanSeptic

Normal price is $55 per sqft or .55 cents per Sq in. That's for paint, hydro dip and clear coat.

18. snowish10

Time to save up lol

19. SullivanSeptic

It's not to expensive at all. And my guy is a fellow plower. Has all fords. Diesel pickups with a lot of work done

20. snowish10

No not at all, especially since it last forever. I really like this one, its red marble

dipped.jpg