1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydro boost problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by EIB, Oct 22, 2003.

1. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I talk to a Florida lawyer about the problem that the trucks with hydro boost have. He called me, because he got a list from Ford with all the customers that have complained about the problem. They have filed a class action lawsuit about the problem. Trying to get Ford to fix it. Anybody else having the problem.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I've seen a few,but nothing out of the ordinary,What kind of problem are you having ?

3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

wyldman,

Step on the brake a lose the power steering. Only on moderate to heavy braking. I first notice it when I was plowing and had to adjust the amount of pressure on the brake pedal in order to get the steering back.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sounds like maybe the accumulator is no good.It is charged with Nitrogen to provide a reserve under heavy braking and steering conditions at low engine RPM,or if the engine stalls.Could be a weak pump too.

5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

wyldman,

Are you talking about the tank attached to the hydro boost?
    Do all hydro boost have this? I had the same problem on my 2000 F250SD and my 2003 F350SD. I don't notice it as much on my 03.