1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hydraulics raise the plow, wont release

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MinnSnowBanker, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MinnSnowBanker

MinnSnowBanker Junior Member

I have an E47 on a Meyer blade. New A coil, new A solenoid, new B coil. Tested A and B solenoids with the coils, all functional.

Put them on the pump, plow raises fine. Will NOT release. Now...I have the switch wired to a fuse that is 24/7 hot. Is that the problem?

Secondly, is there supposed to be a ball bearing in front of the A solenoid, so that when you screw the A sol. in, it has the ball bearing between the A and the hydraulic fluid? I ask because there isnt one in there, and there was with B.

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

a coil went bad or valve stuck shut... a coil has no ball bearing swith should not be wire hot because it could run battery dead if left on also it could burn out a coil if left on in down mode b raises a lowers c angel pull a valve turn upside down stick little screw driver in it and push in and out clean with deasel feul .. it will go in and out a little if its stuck replace... all thats in them are spring and ball bearing and coils open them

3. MinnSnowBanker

when I mentioned the bearing, I meant in front of the A solenoid when you thread it in. i didnt know if there was supposed to be one there. coils are tested and working 100% as they should. solenoids A and B were tested and working.

4. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

their is no bearing behind a valve just behind b valve you can call me if you like i have rebuilt pumps for over 10 years maybe a valve hole is pluged up how old is pump when was last time it was servised have you check filters what kind of control do you use their are a lot of thinks to check how did you test coil and valves 740 649 8015

5. MinnSnowBanker

its an old pump, got it used, dont know the last time it was serviced. I appreciate your offer to call, wont get a chance to, tonite, would tomorrow during the day be ok? I appreciate your help!

it has the toggle switchs for control. we traced wiring and tested the switchs, wiring is good, switches are good.

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

can call anytime ive been their i would think for it not to drop it has to be pluged up or a valve stuck shut it dont take much check filters does it have 2 or 3 plugs on front lower section of pump 1 will drain outher 1 or 2 are filters check and see if coil is magnatizing when switch is on if you try to take out a valve with pump up it will come crasing down put something under it befor you try to take out a valve i bet its not geting magnatized or valve is stuck